Equipment Staff... TAKE NOTICE

Reaction score
Okay...traveled to see FL/SU today..horrible conditions, kids slipping, etc.

Started thinking about the Green Bay game where we were sliding all over the place too (At least I think it was Green Bay...it was one of the first 4)

ANYHOW...Pitt's filed will be crap this time of year (i.e. game last season where a punt STUCK in teh turf)...

Will our coaches and our equipment staff actually have the correct cleats in this time, OR will we have to be switching out AGAIN...and more importantly will we be ready for this?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
This is where I really miss Jimmy Johnson. I remember he had them practicing on a wet field ahead of the 1992 NFC Champ game. It is risky because you risk injury, but it isn't always a bad idea. I think this helps the equipment staff also because they can get the cleats right before the game.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2451445 said:
Okay...traveled to see FL/SU today..horrible conditions, kids slipping, etc.

Started thinking about the Green Bay game where we were sliding all over the place too (At least I think it was Green Bay...it was one of the first 4)

ANYHOW...Pitt's filed will be crap this time of year (i.e. game last season where a punt STUCK in teh turf)...

Will our coaches and our equipment staff actually have the correct cleats in this time, OR will we have to be switching out AGAIN...and more importantly will we be ready for this?

That game was in LONDON ENGLAND not Pittsburg

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2451489 said:

it happened it Pitt.....i dont know about London but it did happen in Heinz

dallas_112678

Reaction score

The london game was with the giants and dolphins and that field was bad. But there was a game in Pitt and the field was terrible, it was that field where the ball was stuck on a punt.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only because I want to pile on.. :p:
WoodysGirl;2434118 said:
RETURN OF THE MOSS-COVERED TAR PIT?

Posted by Mike Florio on November 21, 2008, 4:18 p.m.

When the Dallas Cowboys come to Pittsburgh on December 7, they might be greeted by a field that looks and performs like a marsh.

For the second straight year, sod will be placed atop the DD GrassMaster surface after four high-school football games are played at Heinz Field on Sunday.

Four.

Last year, there was a slight problem with the sod.

[youtube]x7DTNEa2E7w[/youtube]

In the offseason, the Steelers opted to make no changes. But if the field performs like it did a year ago, however, the NFL needs to step in and force the Steelers to install FieldTurf at Heinz Field.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The field at Pittsburgh was just re-sodded this past week. Now I don't know how well it will hold up between now and our game.

rathalarge

Reaction score
There are always longer, extra screw on cleats that are taken to the games by the equipment staff. It's the players who need to be out on the field earlier to see what cleat length they will need! I cannot stand when they make the adjustment after the first or second series of a game, when we at home can see the field getting chewed up after pre-game warm-ups,

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BrAinPaiNt;2451527 said:
The field at Pittsburgh was just re-sodded this past week. Now I don't know how well it will hold up between now and our game.
Additionally the Pitt/NE game tomorrow is being played in NE.