News: ESPN: Aaron Rodgers' path was different, but he's impressed by Dak Prescott

NewsBot

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers' path was different, but he's impressed by Dak Prescott

FRISCO, Texas -- Aaron Rodgers can thank the Dallas Cowboys for the actual start of his career.

Until Nov. 29, 2007, he had thrown 33 passes in mostly mop-up duty as Brett Favre's backup. But then that night at Texas Stadium he replaced an injured Favre and completed 18 of 26 passes for 201 yards and a touchdown. The Cowboys won the game 37-27, to essentially clinch the best record in the NFC but by the end of that season the Packers were content to move on from Favre and name Rodgers their starter.

It's a job he has held ever since.

Watching the Cowboys' quarterback situation from afar as he gets ready to play Dallas Sunday, Rodgers has admired what Dak Prescott has done in replacing Tony Romo.

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

DFWJC

Reaction score
Sounds like Rodgers is impressed but not expecting Dak to continue starting. Says he's doing nothing but helping himself when his time does come full-time.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everytime I read about Favre-Rodgers, I think of Brett tricking Aaron into signing his own helmet right before two-a-day practice and Aaron having to go out there and play with it. Funny.

That said, I don't like either of those Packer QBs. And I don't buy for a second that Rodgers and Favre were ever on ok terms, btw.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Always would have been interesting to see what would have happened had Favre not retired, we know Favre had at least two good seasons left before he fell apart in 2010. Rodgers may have had to leave the Pack to get a shot.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everytime I read about Favre-Rodgers, I think of Brett tricking Aaron into signing his own helmet right before two-a-day practice and Aaron having to go out there and play with it. Funny.

That said, I don't like either of those Packer QBs. And I don't buy for a second that Rodgers and Favre were ever on ok terms, btw.
I think I saw somewhere that Favre has a new book coming out and it discusses that.

Hoov

Reaction score
Rodgers makes a good point about having Romo around to mentor Dak for another year or two,,,
from the sideline hopefully :p

actually, would absolutely hate it if Dak was help up for two years

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
from the sideline hopefully :p

actually, would absolutely hate it if Dak was help up for two years

Even if we're winning Super Bowls in the meantime?

Shinaoi

Reaction score
I can see why the love fest but I still think defense hasn't faced anything.