Espn analyst, Michael Shea's analysis of the Cowboys

Bigdog

Reaction score
I was listening to sports radio on my way to work and they had on Michael Shea. This is what he had to say about the Cowboys:

Romo will catch a lot of abuse this off season due to the Cabo trip more than last season's fumble snap but did not think it is warranted. Said that Romo will come through and believes he will be a great qb in the league which he can't really say that much about other teams. Said the Cowboys can go into two different directions. They can take this loss and tank for next season or take the loss and learn from it and be great team next year and beyond. He thinks latter of the two but is concern about the team losing front office and coaches and how that will affect them. However he did not think that it will affect too much because they have a good young nucleus of players.

I got the feeling he thinks that the Cowboys will be a premier team in the Nfl for the next few years and that Romo will be one of the best qb in the league. Thinks the Cowboys are in very good shape due to having a good qb. Just thought you guys would like to know about what another ESPN analyst thinks what the state of the Cowboys are at.

sago1

Reaction score
Interesting. Actually I think this team will come back very strong this year cause I really believe Romo will come back very determined and focused. He will use this playoff game as motivation to improve his play and his focus -- just like he did the holder snap problem. Additionally, Romo now will be entering his 2nd season as the starter. Most NFL starting QBs make their major improvements in their game during their 2nd - 4th seasons. Hard to imagine that Romo can play much better but hopefully this improvement includes late season performance/playoffs, decision making, etc.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Bigdog;1911523 said:
I was listening to sports radio on my way to work and they had on Michael Shea. This is what he had to say about the Cowboys:

Romo will catch a lot of abuse this off season due to the Cabo trip more than last season's fumble snap but did not think it is warranted. Said that Romo will come through and believes he will be a great qb in the league which he can't really say that much about other teams. Said the Cowboys can go into two different directions. They can take this loss and tank for next season or take the loss and learn from it and be great team next year and beyond. He thinks latter of the two but is concern about the team losing front office and coaches and how that will affect them. However he did not think that it will affect too much because they have a good young nucleus of players.

I got the feeling he thinks that the Cowboys will be a premier team in the Nfl for the next few years and that Romo will be one of the best qb in the league. Thinks the Cowboys are in very good shape due to having a good qb. Just thought you guys would like to know about what another ESPN analyst thinks what the state of the Cowboys are at.

Michael Shea is an idiot. :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Bigdog;1911523 said:

I agree and stated earlier that I don't think this teams window of opportunity is closed, I think this is just the beginning for this franchise. This is a relatively young team and I think they will improve as a team add to that our cap situation is still in good shape. Right now I think it is easy for people to be down on the team but I think the future looks bright

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1911572 said:
I agree and stated earlier that I don't think this teams window of opportunity is closed, I think this is just the beginning for this franchise. This is a relatively young team and I think they will improve as a team add to that our cap situation is still in good shape. Right now I think it is easy for people to be down on the team but I think the future looks bright

Agreed.

But... it is conditional.

We need to have a few more good drafts and add quality to this team. We have to be smart and acquire the right players in FA.

If not, then we are going back to the days of JerryQuincyAlabBustNewDownLosington

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
YoMick;1911585 said:
Agreed.

We need to have a few more good drafts and add quality to this team. We have to be smart and acquire the right players in FA.

If not, then we are going back to the days of JerryQuincyAlabBustNewDownLosington

Right! Build on the positives and indentify and correct the negatives. They do that and they can improve upon last year's efforts.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1911585 said:
Agreed.

No doubt about it, we have some areas where we need some upgrade as well as players to step in for the near future. But at least we are in good shape in to do so.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
sago1;1911557 said:
Interesting. Actually I think this team will come back very strong this year cause I really believe Romo will come back very determined and focused. He will use this playoff game as motivation to improve his play and his focus -- just like he did the holder snap problem. Additionally, Romo now will be entering his 2nd season as the starter. Most NFL starting QBs make their major improvements in their game during their 2nd - 4th seasons. Hard to imagine that Romo can play much better but hopefully this improvement includes late season performance/playoffs, decision making, etc.
heard it last year. i'm kinda worried they might not come back strong since the last 2 seasons ended in 2 tough losses in the playoffs

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Rampage;1911612 said:
heard it last year. i'm kinda worried they might not come back strong since the last 2 seasons ended in 2 tough losses in the playoffs

They backed into the playoffs in 2006 and probably didn't deserve it. They earned it in 2007 so they should understand what it's going to take to get back.

FCBarca

Reaction score
Couldn't think of something I value or care about less than an ESPN 'analysts' opinion.

Anyone with eyes can see we're in good shape...This season ended prematurely but not altogether unpredictably (You CANNOT turn it on and off)...Still, the future looks bright...gotta wear shades? :cool:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Zimmy Lives;1911658 said:
They backed into the playoffs in 2006 and probably didn't deserve it. They earned it in 2007 so they should understand what it's going to take to get back.
yeah but we should've won both games. our own mistakes cost us those games

BlueStar II

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1911572 said:

:starspin I agree that we have a team that can take it up a notch next year, and with two 1st round picks to work with, and possibly some pick ups through FA as well, I don't see any reason to think that we won't take it up a notch next year.

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
Romo getting abuse? From who? Sure isn't coming from the blind fans or local media. The national media is split half way on romo. The truth is romo will be given another free pass from his fans and local media. Everyone treats this guy with the royal treatment around here meaning the dallas area like he's some sort of qb legend. It's exactly why he always has december slumps and fails to win playoff games. Until the local media & fans bring some fire to his but and give him some hard criticism he isn't gonna fair to well next year. I look forward to seeing him have a cakewalk going into training camp and pre-season. No one will bring heat to his but believe me. Except maybe the girls down in Mexico when he goes salsa dancing.

alancdc

Reaction score
Rampage;1911612 said:

Lat season with Bledsoe starting I didn't expect anything anyway. I did expect them to win a playoff game this year, but honestly thought it would be in round one not get a bye. I know it has been said, but let's remember that teams usually in most sports take progressive steps toward championships. Usually, though there are exceptions, teams don't just explode on the scene and win right away. Remember in hoops the Pistons couldn't beat the Lakers and the Bulls then couldn't beat the Pistons. Same with Dallas in the 90's losing to the Lions in the playoffs. This team will come back fired up, and for the first time since 08 left us I feel great about our QB for the next 8 years.