ESPN Article: Dak's Daily Training Sessions

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ining-sessions-cowboys-dak-prescott-dak-dance

From the article:

It's four days before the Cowboys play the Carolina Panthers, and Prescott is in the middle of a process that he, the Cowboys' strength and conditioning staff, athletic training staff, coach Mike McCarthy and Prescott's personal physical therapist, Luke Miller, have designed to get the quarterback physically ready to play each week.

The collaboration has Prescott playing the best football of his career as he enters Sunday's pivotal NFC East matchup between the 9-3 Cowboys and 10-2 Philadelphia Eagles at AT&T Stadium (8:20 p.m. ET, NBC). It might not settle a division race, but it could matter if these teams were to meet in the playoffs.

"It truly is a village," Prescott said.

Injuries have marked Prescott's recent career after he started his first 64 games without incident. A dislocated and fractured right ankle in 2020 required two surgeries. A strained lat muscle in his back in training camp in 2021. A calf injury after six games in 2021. A left shoulder surgery after the 2021 season. A right thumb surgery that cost him five games in 2022.

In dealing with the setbacks, Prescott learned the value of his body and the value of his village.

"One thousand percent I'd say they make the pieces stronger," Prescott, 30, said. "No, I wasn't broken, but I was injured ... [When] you're getting older and things are going to tighten up ... I don't want to regress, and I want to make sure I'm hitting my stride.

"You're always looking at greats and what they're doing, and you see guys, like LeBron [James], Tom Brady, have these methods and spend millions of dollars on their body each year, and you wonder why. And it's obvious when they're playing as long as they played at such a high level that that's what they need to do to feel comfortable.

"So for me, it's about making sure just, yeah, I leave no stone unturned."

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ining-sessions-cowboys-dak-prescott-dak-dance

From the article:

It's four days before the Cowboys play the Carolina Panthers, and Prescott is in the middle of a process that he, the Cowboys' strength and conditioning staff, athletic training staff, coach Mike McCarthy and Prescott's personal physical therapist, Luke Miller, have designed to get the quarterback physically ready to play each week.

The collaboration has Prescott playing the best football of his career as he enters Sunday's pivotal NFC East matchup between the 9-3 Cowboys and 10-2 Philadelphia Eagles at AT&T Stadium (8:20 p.m. ET, NBC). It might not settle a division race, but it could matter if these teams were to meet in the playoffs.

"It truly is a village," Prescott said.

Injuries have marked Prescott's recent career after he started his first 64 games without incident. A dislocated and fractured right ankle in 2020 required two surgeries. A strained lat muscle in his back in training camp in 2021. A calf injury after six games in 2021. A left shoulder surgery after the 2021 season. A right thumb surgery that cost him five games in 2022.

In dealing with the setbacks, Prescott learned the value of his body and the value of his village.

"One thousand percent I'd say they make the pieces stronger," Prescott, 30, said. "No, I wasn't broken, but I was injured ... [When] you're getting older and things are going to tighten up ... I don't want to regress, and I want to make sure I'm hitting my stride.

"You're always looking at greats and what they're doing, and you see guys, like LeBron [James], Tom Brady, have these methods and spend millions of dollars on their body each year, and you wonder why. And it's obvious when they're playing as long as they played at such a high level that that's what they need to do to feel comfortable.

"So for me, it's about making sure just, yeah, I leave no stone unturned."
Goof stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Apologies for my other thread remark.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Goof stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Apologies for my other thread remark.
Again, for the record, I am not a Dak "hater", though I have gone on record as being open to replacing him or not resigning him at top dollar.

That said, I have always been sick to my stomach seeing Jerry fawn over pudgy, erratic and introspective Romo and not respecting the real leadership and dedication that Dak has to his craft. When Jerry signed Romo to an NFL record contract - with no fuss and saying that overpaid to Romo's face like he did with Dak - he said he was hopeful to get "Peyton manning hours" from Romo. My reaction was like, "he's not doing that already?"

As this article rightly points out, Dak does not punch a clock. It shows. I respect that and it vexes me that Jerry doesn't.

That said...I want Dak replaced yesterday until he proves me wrong. It's gotten to that point for me. I'll take the risk that he takes another team to the SB...as long as he wants to be the highest paid QB. If he takes a paycut on his 2nd big payday...I might be willing to keep him around to compete with Trey Lance. :)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Again, for the record, I am not a Dak "hater", though I have gone on record as being open to replacing him or not resigning him at top dollar.

That said, I have always been sick to my stomach seeing Jerry fawn over pudgy, erratic and introspective Romo and not respecting the real leadership and dedication that Dak has to his craft. When Jerry signed Romo to an NFL record contract - with no fuss and saying that overpaid to Romo's face like he did with Dak - he said he was hopeful to get "Peyton manning hours" from Romo. My reaction was like, "he's not doing that already?"

As this article rightly points out, Dak does not punch a clock. It shows. I respect that and it vexes me that Jerry doesn't.

That said...I want Dak replaced yesterday until he proves me wrong. It's gotten to that point for me. I'll take the risk that he takes another team to the SB...as long as he wants to be the highest paid QB. If he takes a paycut on his 2nd big payday...I might be willing to keep him around to compete with Trey Lance. :)
:facepalm: Maybe you shouldn't be creating thread's that make Dak look in a good light while you're busy wanting him replaced.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
LOL...look at you trying to sound all grown. Uhhh...no. Two things can be true and I don't need the comfort of any "side" or cult. Majority of one.

Hope that's clear.
You've exposed yourself, and we can see your agenda. Trying to share some of Dak's work just so you can berate him due to personally wanting him replaced is an immature, backhanded type of play. Don't think you're not going to get called out on it.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Aha.

In the same years he told us all he is in the best shape of his life.

I mean i know this guy is lying when he opens his mouth. And he doesnt shy away from selling the death of his mother, his brother or anything else if the money is right.

Still i wanted to put the finger in the wound. One of the worst characters who ever wear the star. Shame on the FO.

Blackrain

Reaction score
That was an excellent article certainly shows that Dak goes the extra mile in making sure that his body is correct for the game from what that said he spends a serious amount of time.
This guy does everything in his power to try and be prepared and gives us everything in his skill set come game time.

Somewhat different than romo's technique of taking a day off in the middle of the week vacationing with celebrities and lounging by the pool all while collecting a king's Ransom but expected to put in Peyton Manning like hours yeah right.

Dak certainly using everything at his disposal to try and be successful and prepared

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think this is a classic case of projection. Everything you just said...applies to you. But humor me, tell me "my agenda" from your seat of clairvoyance.
You sound exactly like another poster. Same word usage and sentence structure. Wouldn't be surprising if you have multiple accounts in here. Someone should take a look at this poster's IP address.

plasticman

Reaction score
What did they used to call Roger Staubach?

Captain Comeback?

Roger Staubach and Dak Prescott have exactly the same number of both 4th quarter comebacks (4QC) at 13 and game winning drives (GWD) at 21.