News: ESPN: Cedric Thornton looks to make a strong first impression

NewsBot

Reaction score
IRVING, Texas -- Cedric Thornton has wanted to make a strong first impression on his new Dallas Cowboys teammates.

After signing his four-year, $17 million deal as a free agent, Thornton has been an almost daily visitor to the Valley Ranch weight room and practice fields.

“All work and no kind of play time,” Thornton said. “But I’m pretty much enjoying it, getting to know the guys and working out with the guys.”

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

followthestar

Reaction score
A good guy, it seems. We're picking up some solid players in FA - guys who at least give good effort and speak well for themselves. You need these types of guys to win.. Team players. I like it.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Smart and reasonable offseason acquisition
Position of need
Very good player
26 years old
Decent price

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sounds good to be hearing him wanting to give his all. We need more like him.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I love his mentality and approach, he really wants to be here and make a difference.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Seems like a pretty good signing.

he and Morris both.

DTown214

Reaction score
Seems like a great guy with a good work ethic. His hair is pretty sweet too, which always helps.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Him and Crawford will do a nice job plugging up the middle of the line for us. While I don't think he will get much in the way of sacks, he could help Crawford (who had 5 sacks last year, top 10 for pure DTs) do more by occupying linemen and helping him out. I expect D-Law to improve on a very solid season, and an even more solid ending to the season, so we really just need that other DE and we might have a pretty good d-line this year.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
As much as I wanted Billings in the draft, I'm very content with skipping him with the pickup of Thornton. We seriously needed (yet didn't expect) a serious pick-up at 1DT like this. I really did expect the FO to go business as usual with the combo of Hayden/oft-injured McClain/insert-fatso. If McClain can stay healthy for once, there's a chance that we will finally acknowledge how impactful the interior D-line is in providing a pass rush/run-stuffing.

dantheman41

Reaction score
IRVING, Texas -- Cedric Thornton has wanted to make a strong first impression on his new Dallas Cowboys teammates.

After signing his four-year, $17 million deal as a free agent, Thornton has been an almost daily visitor to the Valley Ranch weight room and practice fields.

“All work and no kind of play time,” Thornton said. “But I’m pretty much enjoying it, getting to know the guys and working out with the guys.”

Continue reading...

At very least he will be an upgrade from Hayden... So happy we finally moved on from him

Daillest88

Reaction score
As much as I wanted Billings in the draft, I'm very content with skipping him with the pickup of Thornton. We seriously needed (yet didn't expect) a serious pick-up at 1DT like this. I really did expect the FO to go business as usual with the combo of Hayden/oft-injured McClain/insert-fatso. If McClain can stay healthy for once, there's a chance that we will finally acknowledge how impactful the interior D-line is in providing a pass rush/run-stuffing.

if billings is there in the 2nd id still be happy if we got him. depth on the dline is key this year.. our 2nd round pick is gonna be huge this year I can feel it.