ESPN.com - Parcells on Bears, Cowboys, Chargers

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I think some intern making 7.00 an hour at ESPN writes these articles and Parcells just signs off on it.

joseephuss

Reaction score
InmanRoshi;1670206 said:
I think some intern making 7.00 an hour at ESPN writes these articles and Parcells just signs off on it.

That is possible, but Parcells said something similar in the pre-game last night. Although I think the focus of the conversation may have been on other NFC teams.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Interesting isn't it that with the head coaching/philosophy change here, we aren't seeing the same disruption that San Diego is?

:laugh2:

jrumann59

Reaction score
Parcells has always put more weight in division and conference games, those opponents see you more therefore it is more of challenge.

pgreptom

Reaction score
The real test is week #9 against the Eagles?

Uh, try the Patriots.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jrumann59;1670221 said:
Parcells has always put more weight in division and conference games, those opponents see you more therefore it is more of challenge.
I guess you and I are the only ones who remembers that about Parcells.

Win your division and the rest will take care of itself.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1669386 said:
Interesting, isn't that the Cowboys are dealing with? New HC coming from different conference, new coordinators...etc?

N. Turner simply isn't a good HC, a great OC, yes, but as a HC, he hasn't fared well.

We kept Sparano and Bowles -- those would have likely been our OC and DC if Bill stayed.

SD lost their OC, DC, and the guy who would have replaced the DC when he left (Manusky).

Plus, I think the players are pretty unhappy in SD about the coaching changes.

thechosen1n2

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1669386 said:
Interesting, isn't that the Cowboys are dealing with? New HC coming from different conference, new coordinators...etc?

N. Turner simply isn't a good HC, a great OC, yes, but as a HC, he hasn't fared well.[/quote'

that could be interpreted two ways...norv is at fault...and philips is better than parcells, not saying that i agree with that (also im not saying i dont agree) but parcells didnt think that comment out.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1670264 said:
I guess you and I are the only ones who remembers that about Parcells.

Win your division and the rest will take care of itself.

Im there with you guys. Some just forget where we were pre Parcells.

lspain1

Reaction score
Colo;1669366 said:
The real test will be when Dallas faces Donovan McNabb and the Eagles in Week 9.

So very true. Assuming the Eagles continue to play well, this is the game that really matters.....not the game against the Patriots.