espn/cowboysblog: Play of the Day: Kevin Ogletree's catch

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Play of the Day: Kevin Ogletree's catch
July, 29, 2010 Jul 297:07PM CTEmail Print Comments By Tim MacMahonSAN ANTONIO – Kevin Ogletree has had a slight case of the dropsies recently, but he made a clean catch of a Jon Kitna deep ball during Thursday’s practice.

Ogletree read the coverage to determine that he would run a corner route instead of a post, and Kitna put the ball on the money, probably his best throw of camp so far. Safety Danny McCray had no chance to catch Ogletree, who raced into the end zone for the touchdown.

The play offered a reminder of Ogletree’s big-play potential. He’s the Cowboys’ fastest receiver with 4.36 speed, and coach Wade Phillips said his route-running ability reminds him of ex-Cowboy Terry Glenn.

“I told him to stay consistent,” receivers coach Ray Sherman said. “You don’t want to be a guy who does something well then get a couple plays then you are doing something else, you want to be consistent.”

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Gotta disagree with the POTD. Dez had another one handed grab on the near sideline that was behind him, and chopped his feet to get down in bounds.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Glad to see O-tree coming around. I think he is a great talent and can put some hurt on defenses with his speed. Especially if Wade is right about him running routes like Terry Glenn. TG was an excellent route runner.

DEA_dad

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3475418 said:
Gotta disagree with the POTD. Dez had another one handed grab on the near sideline that was behind him, and chopped his feet to get down in bounds.

It truly might be an embarrassment of riches at WR this year. Whats impressive is that a good portion of that talent went undrafted.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Anyone sensing some nickers in a knot for Sam Hurd right now?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
lulz.

Austin (undrafted), Bryant (1st rounder), Ogletree (undrafted), and Crayton (7th rounder) could very well be our our top 4 WRs next year.

That's a lot of talent. And very little invested (in terms of draft picks).

We've really nailed the WR position down the past several years (even if you account the Roy trade, its still good return on investment as a group)

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
CCBoy;3475514 said:
Anyone sensing some nickers in a knot for Sam Hurd right now?

He also dropped a pass in the end zone today. Got both hands on it IIRC.