News: ESPN: Dez Bryant has kind words for Xavier Rhodes, not Cris Carter

NewsBot

Reaction score
Dez Bryant has kind words for Xavier Rhodes, not Cris Carter

MINNEAPOLIS –- Remember the words Dez Bryant had for Washington Commanders cornerback Josh Norman after Thanksgiving? Bryant was much kinder to Minnesota Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes.

Like Norman, Rhodes followed Bryant all over the field.

“It was outstanding,” Bryant said of the matchup with Rhodes. “That’s a helluva football player. I knew coming into the game it was going to be a tough game. I had to be on my A-game because if I wasn’t, he can get the best of you. We had a good battle. We shared our thoughts through the game. Good thoughts. It’s nice playing games like that.”

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

MagicMan

Reaction score
We needs to get someone like Rhodes in the next draft. Big fast CB. :thumbup:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chris Carter is irrelevant. He's a Buddy Ryan Eagle.

Gotta love Dez. Especially how he's able to work two 'way much more biggers' into a short conversation. Doubling down on the more biggers is a sign that you really just don't care what people think. The same thing with that hat he wears.

Proximo

Reaction score
Chris Carter is irrelevant. He's a Buddy Ryan Eagle.

Gotta love Dez. Especially how he's able to work two 'way much more biggers' into a short conversation. Doubling down on the more biggers is a sign that you really just don't care what people think. The same thing with that hat he wears.

I really get the sense that at his core, Dez is a good natured dude. All things considered, he's a very good team mate to his fellow Cowboys, and he just wants to win. I will never understand the T.O comparisons that get thrown his way and I'd rather have Dez on my team instead of some clown creating drama with a kicking net.

Dez is probably one of the most misunderstood, mischaracterized players in the league. Props to him for handling it well.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really get the sense that at his core, Dez is a good natured dude. All things considered, he's a very good team mate to his fellow Cowboys, and he just wants to win. I will never understand the T.O comparisons that get thrown his way and I'd rather have Dez on my team instead of some clown creating drama with a kicking net.

Dez is probably one of the most misunderstood, mischaracterized players in the league. Props to him for handling it well.

Right up there with the 'Marvin Harrison is a good guy' positioning. Sometimes, the NFL is like the old WWE, I swear.

haleyrules

Reaction score

Nice post. I agree. I have changed my thinking about Bryant the person. He has made some mistkes over the years but he does seem to have matured and is a valuable piece of the Cowboy puzzle. He is most certainly a misunderstood Cowboy and a lot of us need to take another look at Dez Bryant.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Dude did you see his wingspan? He's like a mini Irving with super flexible hips and speed

Interestingly enough, Mo's arm length isn't far off. Just a half inch shorter despite being 5'11.

Dez has lognger arms, but he's a freak

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

Agreed. Been saying it for years actually.

All of Dez Bryant's issues stem from a lack of maturity.

But I just can't criticize the guy that much considering where he came from and the obvious progress he's made since day 1.

He's trying.