News: ESPN: Ezekiel Elliott ready to show appreciation to Cowboys offensive line

NewsBot

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott ready to show appreciation to Cowboys offensive line

A month into his rookie year, Ezekiel Elliott is leading the NFL with 412 yards on 94 carries. He has three touchdowns as well.

He is getting ready to dip into his rookie signing bonus to show his appreciation.

"We haven't gone to dinner yet, but I think that's something we're planning on doing this week," Elliott said of his linemen.

At Ohio State, Elliott considered himself one of "the slobs," which was the self-appointed nickname of the Buckeyes offensive line. They hung out together. They talked football together. They talked college life together.

Elliott won't go so far as to call his Cowboys linemen slobs. "They work hard on their physiques, so I would never step across that line and call any of them a slob," he joked.

But he will take them to dinner. And he might do more throughout the season, like Murray did two years ago.

"You know, hopefully we don't take advantage of it too much," Pro Bowl center Travis Frederick said. "Offensive linemen, we do like to eat. I don't know if he's ready to see that number yet."

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Murray bought the OLinemen iMacs.

Maybe Elliot will but them iMacs with retina 4k screens.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
It's a darn good investment. Keep your body guards happy and share the wealth (in this case a feast) with the big guys. It will come over back 10 fold in his new contact if he's clipping off a 5yrd+ average per carry.

Craig

Reaction score
I dont know what nfl linemen eat, but i like to pretend a meal is more costly than an imac.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"You know, hopefully we don't take advantage of it too much," Pro Bowl center Travis Frederick said. "Offensive linemen, we do like to eat. I don't know if he's ready to see that number yet."
Great relationships between linemen and running backs can be priceless. So, make him pay, Mr. Frederick. Make him pay through the nose.

phildadon86

Reaction score
This is a great opportunity for elliott to pick their brains as well. About life in the NFL and all of that. Our OL is the most professional group on the field. Learning how to be professional from a guy like Frederick Martin or Smith will really help Zeke in my opinion.

movaughn88

Reaction score
I'm thinking all Steaks. That's a big man's meal.

I bet if he plugged the restaurant, he could take the whole OL to a top end Dallas steak place for way less than we think. Nothing over the top, just maybe a group instagram or mention or two. Would think that would be great exposure.

Not that he needs to do that, I actually would prefer he keep it quiet and pay for it haha.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just feast on Bengal meat Sunday.....disclaimer...not intended to be a cruelty to animals comment....
But you know what I mean. :laugh: