ESPN Football Movies

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I normally don't like them at all. I've got to admit though, I'm kind of looking forward to this new one, Codebreakers.

I hope I'm not disappointed.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
I'm a little tempted after the commercials, but I wanna know what happened to the kid who ratted all his friends out. What is he doing now? Does he think it was worth it?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I'm a little tempted after the commercials, but I wanna know what happened to the kid who ratted all his friends out. What is he doing now? Does he think it was worth it?
It sort of reminds me of the movie with Brendan Farzier and Matt Damon, School Ties. Not a bad movie.

kmp77

Reaction score
TV movies are usually REALLY REALLY bad....I don't think i've ever seen a tv movie worth the film (or tape) it was shot on.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kmp77 said:
TV movies are usually REALLY REALLY bad....I don't think i've ever seen a tv movie worth the film (or tape) it was shot on.
Stephen King's, The Stand.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
kmp77 said:

HBO Original Series :cool:

Most of them are as good if not better than most of the stuff you'll find in the movie theaters.

It's the censored, commercial-gapped network programs that ruin 'em. :(

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Stephen King's, The Stand.

And I continue with my off-topic rant.....

I wish more authors would do what King did with "The Stand."

You're never going to get anything close to the book in a two hour movie. If you really want your vision to be on the screen, turn it into a long mini-series and become one of the producers. Cheaper special effects and sets but much more faithful to the book than a quick 90 minute movie might be.

kmp77

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
HBO Original Series :cool:

Most of them are as good if not better than most of the stuff you'll find in the movie theaters.

It's the censored, commercial-gapped network programs that ruin 'em. :(

HBO doesn't count. That's a movie channel :) I'm talking about cable cable. HBO's stuff is really good, i'll agree.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kmp77 said:
HBO doesn't count. That's a movie channel :) I'm talking about cable cable. HBO's stuff is really good, i'll agree.
Lonesome Dove.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
kmp77 said:

If I recall correctly, Brian's Song was a Movie of the Week.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SHOGUN...of course the book was better...but still one of my fave TV movie/mini series of all time.

On a side note....Not sure this codebreakers movie will be any good, but I did enjoy the movie they did called the Junction Boys....wasn't great but I liked it.

joseephuss

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
SHOGUN...of course the book was better...but still one of my fave TV movie/mini series of all time.

On a side note....Not sure this codebreakers movie will be any good, but I did enjoy the movie they did called the Junction Boys....wasn't great but I liked it.

You could hear their Aussie accents a few times in that movie.

I agree with the mini series idea. Put that mini series on HBO and you will probably end up with a very good product.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
joseephuss said:
You could hear their Aussie accents a few times in that movie.

I agree with the mini series idea. Put that mini series on HBO and you will probably end up with a very good product.

I just liked when the one guy was yelling to the coach...You almost killed him...and Tom B looks back and says...He didn't quit.