Video: ESPN GET UP: Cowboys FA & Stats on if Free Agent Spending helps a team

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Cowboys talk starts at 6:44 in video. Most interesting nuggets from video.…
  • Greenie:
    • Are Cowboys making right decision not going All In? Probably not.
    • Top 3 spenders in Free Agency over last 10 offseason averaged a 2.1 win increase
    • Bottom 3 spenders in Free Agency over last 10 offseasons have regressed by 1.4 wins
  • Louis Riddick:
    • One position Dallas getting most grief on is RB. If they draft Trey Benson and get 1300 yards, all will be forgiven. But need make some moves now to help them.
  • Ryan Clark:
    • Inactivity may affect Micah Parsons decision to re-sign. Yes RB is a problem but what about their defense and way they ended? LBs! No one took pressure off CeeDee. This is not a great roster. They need help.
  • Kim Martin:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I’m assuming the W-L FA stat is based not only on free agents but trades. Because I know just using 2021 and all the trades/free agents we hired for Dan Quinn, and 2023 with Cooks and Gilmore, I doubt we were in the bottom three both those years even though we joke they do this every year. It does line up with this trend, though with 2021 being our biggest win increase in the two other years, which were much lower in free agency spending basically evening out at 12 wins again.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is a reason why some of these guys weren't resigned by their own team.....the team that saw them every single day.
I would have liked to sign someone, but we didn't.....or, we haven't.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is plenty of time and talent left on the open market. Are we anxious because we are fans and want to see this team come back stronger...absolutely. But there are plenty of guys available that could make an immediate impact in a good way.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
There is plenty of time and talent left on the open market. Are we anxious because we are fans and want to see this team come back stronger...absolutely. But there are plenty of guys available that could make an immediate impact in a good way.
All I know is I am stoked on Trey Benson after reading about him from some of you who have pimped him for a while, and now seeing this. I’m going to be very disappointed if we don’t get him. LOL

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All I know is I am stoked on Trey Benson after reading about him from some of you who have pimped him for a while, and now seeing this. I’m going to be very disappointed if we don’t get him. LOL
I'm glad we resigned our deep snapper....gonna need him with all the punting we're gonna be doing. Lol