News: ESPN: In Cleveland, Jerry Jones is viewed as a football guy

NewsBot

Reaction score
IRVING, Texas -- Jerry Jones has been criticized in many circles for being too hands on as owner and general manager of the Dallas Cowboys. Well, he now might have some competition in that department with Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam. The Browns have had an eventful offseason, which includes allowing offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan to leave, seeing Johnny Manziel head off to rehab and seeing Josh Gordon get suspended for at least a year for violating the NFL’s substance abuse program.

Continue reading...

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Browns have had an eventful offseason, which includes allowing offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan to leave, seeing Johnny Manziel head off to rehab and seeing Josh Gordon get suspended for at least a year for violating the NFL’s substance abuse program. There might be more trouble ahead if general manager Ray Farmer is found to have texted coaches during games suggesting play calls.
And it's only Feb. 8th.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's Cleveland. Passionate fan base but terrible football operations the last decade plus no matter the owner, gm, coaches and players.

They have had so many top draft picks that have not panned out and that is with different groups of scouts.

Whether you believe in it or not in general.... It is hard to argue against the Browns being snake bit.

So yeah... Even when I was ripping Jerry, even when my disgust with him was at its zenith.... He still did a better job with the team than Cleveland has done with its team.

So when I see someone say Jerry is the worstest evah.... I say... Cleveland. If they still argue it I just dismiss them as idiotic

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I don't really find it odd that there are people who have less football knowledge than Jones. I also imagine there are quite a few people who know more.

I dont get why people think he doesnt know football, the guy played football in college. he's made some choices that have hurt some because he wanted to win. And alot because the people he hired to scout had their own agendas. Jerrys fault is he trusts too easily. But in terms of football im sure he knows more about the game then anybody on this forum.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Wow, not as many comments as I would have expected, and none of them slamming Jerry at all that I see. Strange.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I dont get why people think he doesnt know football, the guy played football in college. he's made some choices that have hurt some because he wanted to win. And alot because the people he hired to scout had their own agendas. Jerrys fault is he trusts too easily. But in terms of football im sure he knows more about the game then anybody on this forum.

I agree with your take.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
What GM wouldnt look good if compared to Cleveland tho? Not bashing Jerry, just an observation.