ESPN Luksa: Top 10 Texas Stadium Moments

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
Lay off Luska guys. He is an all-time great "media guy covering the Cowboys" so he deserves some slack.

Here is my personal top ten Texas Stadium moments list. These are only games that happened since I first became a Cowboys fan and a football fan back in 1978.

1. Dallas Washington 1979 - The last Staubach comeback.

2. Dallas Giants 1985 - Third string QB Steve Pelluer wins the game and the NFC East over a strong Giants team.

3. Dallas Green Bay NFC championship January 1996 - Just amazing

4. Dallas 49ers NFC championship January 1994 - sweet win over an arch rival. It wasn't really close

5. Dallas Giants 1986 - Walker's debut and a late victory.

6. Dallas Miami 1981 - A late Danny White comeback win. A personal favorite.

7. Dallas Tampa Bay January 1982 - A 38-0 wipeout. The most complete wipeout and domination by a Cowboy team I have ever seen.

8. Dallas Washington 1992 - Season opening win over the defending Super Bowl champs.

9. Dallas Philadelphia 2003 - Finally a win and sweet revenge for that onside kick in 2000.

10. Dallas Washington 1990 - The coming out party for the triplets on Thanksgiving.

Here are my all time worst moments in Texas Stadium since 1978

1. Dallas Washington 1983 - The "No Danny no!" game. Awful loss with division and home field on the line.

2. Dallas Washington 1984 - Another horrible loss after leading 21-6 at halftime. Real blow to playoff hopes.

3. Dallas Rams 1979 - Staubach's last game was a playoff defeat.

4. Dallas Rams 1983 - Another playoff defeat. Terrible day and a real downer end to the season.

5. Dallas 49ers 2000 - The Owens-on-the-star game. Terrible.

6. Dallas Giants January 2008 - We all know the story in this one.

7. Dallas Steelers 1982 - Another loss to Bradshaw? Come on! This loss snapped a long home winning streak and a long opening day winning streak.

8. Dallas Miami 1993 - The Leon Lett in the snow game.

9. Dallas Eagles 2000 - The pickle juice game. A complete failure. Galloway and Aikman injured. Just incompetence all around.

10. Dallas Bears 1985 - A 44-0 pasting. Dallas was completely overmatched and dismantled.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
One of my favorites was the Philly game on MNF in '97 when they botched the snap on a potential 25 yard game winning FG

Chris Boniol's 7 FG game against Green Bay in '96 was pretty good as well because a fight seemed to breakout between our offensive line and their defensive line after every play