ESPN Mosley: Possible tweaks to the offense

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2418377 said:
Nothing earth shattering, but...

The Cowboys aren't officially calling this a must-win game, but they might as well. Quarterback Tony Romo returns after missing three games with a broken right pinkie. I've had an up-close look at the splint, and it gives him a lot more flexibility than the previous one. Romo's still experiencing some pain when he throws longer routes, but he says it's not affecting his passes.

The Cowboys have hinted at tweaks they've made to the offense throughout the week. From what I've been told by sources at Valley Ranch, those tweaks include a lot more no-huddle and more pre-snap motion for Terrell Owens. You might recall that it was Washington that provided the blueprint for how to defend T.O. in press coverage. The good news for the Commanders is that cornerback Shawn Springs should finally be able to play again. Springs, Carlos Rogers and Fred Smoot should give the Commanders a lot of options. And it looks like cornerback DeAngelo Hall will be ready to go.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-5-93/Audibles--NFC-East-Week-11-preview.html

Mark it down, Owens will run the Wildcat! When Felix comes back expect him to run the Wildcat!

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Owens
Roy Williams #11
Witten
Crayton
Bennett
Barber
Austin

You can't cover them all. The Cowboys have options, too.

If the Cowboys block them and finish drives, they win.

I like Dallas in this game. It is a must win game. I'm throwing my chips down. We are going to drill them.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2418377 said:

The Cowboys aren't officially calling this a must-win game, but they might as well. Quarterback Tony Romo returns after missing three games with a broken right pinkie. I've had an up-close look at the splint, and it gives him a lot more flexibility than the previous one. Romo's still experiencing some pain when he throws longer routes, but he says it's not affecting his passes.

The Cowboys have hinted at tweaks they've made to the offense throughout the week. From what I've been told by sources at Valley Ranch, those tweaks include a lot more no-huddle and more pre-snap motion for Terrell Owens. You might recall that it was Washington that provided the blueprint for how to defend T.O. in press coverage. The good news for the Commanders is that cornerback Shawn Springs should finally be able to play again. Springs, Carlos Rogers and Fred Smoot should give the Commanders a lot of options. And it looks like cornerback DeAngelo Hall will be ready to go.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-5-93/Audibles--NFC-East-Week-11-preview.html

oh great, here come the illegal formation penalties :rolleyes:

DTK

Reaction score
If we go no huddle and its a quick no huddle then that worries me in regards to TOP. I don't want our defense out there any longer then they have to be.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2418377 said:

Now the team is subscribing to the magic route theory. Good God.

John Elway has a different opinion of T.O.
John Elway presents T.O. with an award

4:32 PM Fri, Nov 14, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Hall of Fame QB John Elway, who writes a regular column for the Sporting News, handed out mid-season awards in this edition. He gave T.O. some fictional hardware for ...
MOST OVERRATED PLAYER: Terrell Owens, WR Cowboys. He's been nonfactor when his team needs him most. How long will it be until he blows his lid again?​

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Only took 10 weeks to figure out that TO wasn't being moved around enough?

Who is this guy? Redball is supposed to be a mastermind out there and it took him this long to figure it out?

I wonder how long it will take him to figure out that there are other runs besides a draw or delay.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
theebs;2418759 said:
Now the team is subscribing to the magic route theory. Good God.

John Elway has a different opinion of T.O.
John Elway presents T.O. with an award

4:32 PM Fri, Nov 14, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Hall of Fame QB John Elway, who writes a regular column for the Sporting News, handed out mid-season awards in this edition. He gave T.O. some fictional hardware for ...
MOST OVERRATED PLAYER: Terrell Owens, WR Cowboys. He's been nonfactor when his team needs him most. How long will it be until he blows his lid again?​
hate on...

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
I love how people say Washington provided a blue print for the leauge. It was Green Bay that started to employ the DB bump coverage with Safety over the top vs TO no Washington. Only it sounds better to say Washington created the blueprint since they beat us and GB got whipped.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I'm glad Garrett figured it out so fast other wise we would have been in trouble Good Read Go Cowboys!!!!!!111

AKATheRake

Reaction score
BadKarma;2418437 said:
The only issue with the no-huddle offenses is that the quick tempo will put the defense out on the field much quicker, versus long sustaining drives that allows them to rest a bit.

Romo needs to start moving out of the pocket more like he's done last year. Avoiding being stripped is another issue Romo needs to start improving on.

Got my vote on everything you just posted. The thing is, Romo has had to focus on protecting the ball better against the strip since he started 2 1/2 seasons ago.

For some reason he still lets this problem nag. I guess it's the gambler, the gunslinger in him. He's just too caught up in the moment to be focal on it. No excuse, it's unacceptable and is the worst part of his game. Everything else I love about the guy game. Especially his unmatched ability to hit hot blondes for the TD, LOL!