News: ESPN: Officials breakdown: Ed Hochuli

NewsBot

Reaction score
IRVING, Texas – The Dallas Cowboys will get Ed Hochuli’s crew for Sunday’s visit to the San Diego Chargers. It is the first time the Cowboys will have seen Hochuli since Week 11 last season, when they beat the Cleveland Browns 23-20 in overtime. Dallas was penalized 11 times, with nine accepted for 92 yards. Cleveland was penalized 12 times for 129 yards. Last week Hochuli’s crew worked the Detroit Lions-Washington Commanders game.

Continue reading...

zack

Reaction score

IRVING, Texas – The Dallas Cowboys will get Ed Hochuli’s crew for Sunday’s visit to the San Diego Chargers. It is the first time the Cowboys will have seen Hochuli since Week 11 last season, when they beat the Cleveland Browns 23-20 in overtime. Dallas was penalized 11 times, with nine accepted for 92 yards. Cleveland was penalized 12 times for 129 yards. Last week Hochuli’s crew worked the Detroit Lions-Washington Commanders game.

Continue reading...

He is awful. I think that his crew did the Lions/Skins game last week. 3rd and inches, Bell goes over the top and clearly gets the 1st down and then they mark him back a half yard on the spot.

calico

Reaction score
Hoc loves his screen time there will be a ton of laundry on the field for ticky tack bs calls. I hate whenever his crew works a cowboys game. Going to be a looooong, frustrating game to watch. Hoc used to be a good official, now he reminds me of Joey Crawford in the nba...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He is awful. I think that his crew did the Lions/Skins game last week. 3rd and inches, Bell goes over the top and clearly gets the 1st down and then they mark him back a half yard on the spot.

What was worse was the spot before that on 2nd down. The ball carrier clearly had the first and they mark it 2 feet short of where he was.

Then they call a 'defenseless receiver' hit on the Lions...on basically a WR screen. And the Lions defender hit the Commanders WR in the numbers.

I don't think he's awful. Just awfully overrated. It's like because he has biceps and works out that people think he must be a good referee.

YR

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

Saw that. You are right

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Well he better call every single holding call on Ware. It's only fair.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Hoc loves his screen time there will be a ton of laundry on the field for ticky tack bs calls. I hate whenever his crew works a cowboys game. Going to be a looooong, frustrating game to watch. Hoc used to be a good official, now he reminds me of Joey Crawford in the nba...

Your avatar is hilarious!

Questfor6

Reaction score

Agree.... His son is the same way in the PAC 12.

Plankton

Reaction score
Well, he puts in as much time at his job as coaches do.

Just ask him. :rolleyes:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My opinion of Hochuli has gone downhill over the years. Now he is below average. To be fair I'll try to watch Sundays game with unbiased eyes. Hopefully he can redeem himself some.