WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
November 24, 2008 5:44 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Mike Sando
sfo.gif

The facts: The 49ers fell to 3-8 following a 35-22 road defeat to the Dallas Cowboys in Week 12.
The upside: Even the worst defeats tend to feature a bright spot or two.
  • Vernon Davis made another significant contribution in the passing game with a 47-yard reception.
  • Isaac Bruce finished with eight receptions for 125 yards and a touchdown.
  • Shaun Hill finished strong. He had 303 yards and two touchdowns with a rating of 100.9.
  • The 49ers' highly penalized offensive line suffered no penalties. San Francisco finished with two penalties for 10 yards.
  • Manny Lawson, a force on special teams this season but not on defense, continued to become more involved. He collected the 49ers' only sack.
I'll take a closer look at the game Tuesday. Some of the 49ers' younger players -- Jason Hill and Chilo Rachal come to mind -- did not appear to make much of an impact.

San Francisco 49ers, 49ers-Cowboys, silver linings, Vernon Davis, Isaac Bruce, Shaun Hill, Manny Lawson
Read comments or leave a comment

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Manny Lawson was all over the field against the Cowboys. Not only did he have the lone sack for the Niners, he also forced AND recovered a fumble (the pseudo INT) and swatted down a Romo pass.

This kid is starting to look like a player. For those who screamed bust, I would take him in exchange for Carpenter in a heartbeat.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing like a couple of semi-garbage drives against a prevent defense to pad Shaun Hill's stats.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Jammer;2441949 said:
Nothing like a couple of semi-garbage drives against a prevent defense to pad Shaun Hill's stats.

My thoughts exactly. The guy looked like he belonged nowhere near an NFL field while the game was in question. Then, we go in prevent mode, and he suddenly starts completing passes.

Hill was so bad the majority of that game, you can bet Brad Johnson was laughing on the sideline.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
RainMan;2441951 said:
My thoughts exactly. The guy looked like he belonged nowhere near an NFL field while the game was in question. Then, we go in prevent mode, and he suddenly starts completing passes.

Hill was so bad the majority of that game, you can bet Brad Johnson was laughing on the sideline.

I would take Hill over Johnson any day of the week

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
BAT;2441918 said:
Manny Lawson was all over the field against the Cowboys. Not only did he have the lone sack for the Niners, he also forced AND recovered a fumble (the pseudo INT) and swatted down a Romo pass.

This kid is starting to look like a player. For those who screamed bust, I would take him in exchange for Carpenter in a heartbeat.
Agreed. What make me ticked at Barbie Carpenter is the fact that we could have had Lawson opposite of Ware. Thank God we have Spencer because it looks like Carpenter won't pan out.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
people need to remember Lawson suffered an season ending injury last year and is still recovering from that.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Jammer;2441949 said:
Nothing like a couple of semi-garbage drives against
a prevent defense to pad Shaun Hill's stats.

Dont forget that there were 30 yards in penalties on I believe the first TD they scored.

Then Joe Buck had the nerve to say "Great drive by Sean Hill" :rolleyes:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Biggems;2442087 said:
people need to remember Lawson suffered an season ending injury last year and is still recovering from that.

But Carp is a strained groin.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
BAT;2443340 said:
But Carp is a strained groin.

hahahaha......so i messed up my grammar, sheesh. it doesnt happen often. BTW, Carp is a strained groin.....:lmao:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
adbutcher;2442072 said:
Agreed. What make me ticked at Barbie Carpenter is the fact that we could have had Lawson opposite of Ware. Thank God we have Spencer because it looks like Carpenter won't pan out.

Spencer will be alot better 3-4 OLB than Lawson ever will.