ESPNDallas.com Set To Launch Before Next Week's "MNF" Game

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By Eric Fisher, Staff Writer, SportsBusiness Journal

ESPN/ABC Sports President George Bodenheimer confirmed that ESPNDallas.com will launch this coming Monday to coincide with the Cowboys' home game on ESPN's "MNF" against the Panthers.

The site is the third in ESPN's emerging local content and advertising initiative, and the network used a similar strategy last week to launch ESPNBoston.com in concert with a Bills-Patriots "MNF" game at Gillette Stadium.

Bodenheimer said yesterday at Interactive Advertising Bureau's MIXX Conference in N.Y., "What motivated us with local was the same thing that always motivates us -- our culture and passion to serve sports fans wherever they are. We were surprised by the quick start we had [this past spring] in Chicago, we launched Boston last week, and we're now looking forward to getting Dallas started." Destinations for N.Y. and L.A. are slated for an early '10 launch.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=sbd.main&ArticleID=133529

bootyhunta

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2965184 said:
Will it be the usual negative, overblown drivel, but with a local slant?

Yes, it will be exactly like the current local media.

;)

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2965145 said:
By Eric Fisher, Staff Writer, SportsBusiness Journal

ESPN/ABC Sports President George Bodenheimer confirmed that ESPNDallas.com will launch this coming Monday to coincide with the Cowboys' home game on ESPN's "MNF" against the Panthers.

The site is the third in ESPN's emerging local content and advertising initiative, and the network used a similar strategy last week to launch ESPNBoston.com in concert with a Bills-Patriots "MNF" game at Gillette Stadium.

Bodenheimer said yesterday at Interactive Advertising Bureau's MIXX Conference in N.Y., "What motivated us with local was the same thing that always motivates us -- our culture and passion to serve sports fans wherever they are. We were surprised by the quick start we had [this past spring] in Chicago, we launched Boston last week, and we're now looking forward to getting Dallas started." Destinations for N.Y. and L.A. are slated for an early '10 launch.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=sbd.main&ArticleID=133529

seems cool

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
It will undoubtably be useless like espnchicago.com. I live here, and I actively follow the White Sox and Blackhawks, hell I even enjoy Bears articles, but I have never found anything of use on espnchicago.