ESPN's Ultimate 40 man Super Bowl Team

rcaldw

Reaction score
Watching it now. Witnessing the usual anti-Cowboys bias.

A few Cowboys named to it so far.

Bob Lilly was one I noticed. A few honorable mentions. But, they are stacking the thing with guys from other teams.

Example: Michael Irvin gets an honorable mention at WR. Max McGee, Packers gets picked. :)

Only offensive lineman from the Cowboys mentioned was Rayfield Wright, but not selected.

So, we have no Cowboys receivers, no Cowboys offensive linemen. Boy, Aikman better get named to the HOF.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
It's a joke. Someone posted the nominations and Steve Young was on the list and no Aikman. ESPN..... :pee:

What's even more funny is that last week Fat Pasquerelli was going on about how reporters were going to cry Cowboys bias in the Hall of Fame voting, but look what they did to the Super Bowl team! The evidence keeps smacking them in the face but they'll never admit they have it out for us.

rcaldw

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
It's a joke. Someone posted the nominations and Steve Young was on the list and no Aikman. ESPN..... :pee:

What's even more funny is that last week Fat Pasquerelli was going on about how reporters were going to cry Cowboys bias in the Hall of Fame voting, but look what they did to the Super Bowl team! The evidence keeps smacking them in the face but they'll never admit they have it out for us.

Aikman not even nominated? You have to be kidding, tell me your are kidding.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I think something like 7 Cowboys made the team -- Waters, Novacek, Lilly, White, Haley, Larry Brown, and I'm assuming Emmitt. Wright and Irvin are two guys who they mentioned that deserved consideration but did not make it; there were a few others, too, I believe.

aznhalf

Reaction score
...did I miss it...or did they not even mention Smith?

If so...just wow

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
aznhalf said:
...did I miss it...or did they not even mention Smith?

If so...just wow

Yeah, not even as a "....but he did not make it" guy.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Didn't they say Franco Harris had a 100-yard game in a Super Bowl? On Pro-football-reference.com, I'm seeing his best performance as an 82-yard effort. Is that right?

rcaldw

Reaction score
Man, no offensive linemen from Dallas, no WR's from Dallas, no RB from Dallas, no QB from Dallas.

I didn't know that Jay Novacek single handedly took us to 3 Titles in 4 years.

What a JOKE.

rcaldw

Reaction score
What hypocrisy, they mention Aikman, show highlights of him, interview him, and didn't even have him on the ballot. They know they are idiots, just trying to hide their anti-Cowboys bias. Idiots.

rcaldw

Reaction score
For what its worth, when it comes to their All-Time Super Bowl team WHERE FANS VOTE, Aikman is running 3rd only behind Montana and Elway.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
rcaldw said:
For what its worth, when it comes to their All-Time Super Bowl team WHERE FANS VOTE, Aikman is running 3rd only behind Montana and Elway.

and Elway shouldn't be above Aikman...

aznhalf

Reaction score
Emmit made it as the 40th man.

I'm assuming that because he lead fan voting he wasn't included in the normal list.

Or least I hope thats the reason, since otherwise it would just be ridiculous.

JPM

Reaction score
I really don't know why you guy/girls are surprised by this crap. I'm not; I could care less what that disaster of a station has to say about a “Ultimate 40 man SB" roster.

I'd rather have a root canal with no drugs than listen to F'ing Berman. What a tool