Essential info on entire rookie haul (per NFL.com) including grades and position ranks

_sturt_

Reaction score
2020-04-25_2115.png

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
Geez, I can't read that. Only got as far as Anae; eyes just quit while sending migraines to my brain.

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but think you guys had a hell of a draft this year. Looking forward to our battles this season now that our lame ducks are gone :)

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
The Anae pick is tremendous value. Excellent 2020 draft, on paper at least.
I don't follow the draft deep enough to know guys in the mid to late rounds, but I was so jacked when we got him after hearing the draft show talk him up for an hour by then (they were wondering if he would be taken at in Rd 4). I dunno why. Just put cherry on top of a great draft.

I got tired of mid round DEs that 'look the part' or had potential but were in poor systems in college (Joe Jackson, Dorance Armstrong, Charles Tapper, Ryan Russell etc) but did nothing when they got here. Give me the guy who has short arms, slow but is relentless and has a crap load of sacks in college. Try something different

_sturt_

Reaction score
Most striking to me is that Dowdle chose to sign here. The only way I can make sense of that is that the Cowboys sold him on the idea that Zeke would play very little in preseason, and Pollard not much either, so Dowdle would end up getting the bulk of the playing time... ie, more opportunity to showcase himself.

PUSHfold

Reaction score
I don't follow the draft deep enough to know guys in the mid to late rounds, but I was so jacked when we got him after hearing the draft show talk him up for an hour by then (they were wondering if he would be taken at in Rd 4). I dunno why. Just put cherry on top of a great draft.

I got tired of mid round DEs that 'look the part' or had potential but were in poor systems in college (Joe Jackson, Dorance Armstrong, Charles Tapper, Ryan Russell etc) but did nothing when they got here. Give me the guy who has short arms, slow but is relentless and has a crap load of sacks in college. Try something different

Isn't Athleticism for DEs one of the main things that translates into the NFL? Most DEs don't make it in this league anyways but I feel like a vast majority of the ones who do have elite traits or close to it. I get what you mean about trying something different but most DEs are projects regardless. What's the "bust rate" on DEs in this league? Probably pretty damn high.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Isn't Athleticism for DEs one of the main things that translates into the NFL? Most DEs don't make it in this league anyways but I feel like a vast majority of the ones who do have elite traits or close to it. I get what you mean about trying something different but most DEs are projects regardless. What's the "bust rate" on DEs in this league? Probably pretty damn high.

He has elite rush moves already. His pass rush arsenal is second maybe to Young. He can link moves together without a pause. He's also elite in his ability to transition power to speed, and vice versa--probably the most important thing for an edge rusher outside of first step. And oh yeah, his first step is ridiculous too.

Hes not the biggest or fastest, but he's incredibly accomplished for a reason. I wouldn't be shocked if he sees the majority of snaps across from Lawrence.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Couple of questions just looking over the size of the players.

Could Taumeoepeau play fullback or is he more of just a receiving tight end? He has good size for the fullback spot and not so good size for a tight end.

I know Bernard is supposed to be pretty good in coverage. At 6-0, could he convert to strong safety or is he too slow?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Could Taumeoepeau play fullback or is he more of just a receiving tight end? He has good size for the fullback spot and not so good size for a tight end.

Been watching the Portland State highlight packages vs Boise and vs Oregon, and most of what can be learned from that is that he is a receiving TD threat from anywhere on the field.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Been watching the Portland State highlight packages vs Boise and vs Oregon, and most of what can be learned from that is that he is a receiving TD threat from anywhere on the field.

I'll have to go look at those. At 6-2, 240, he just has good size for the fullback spot so I thought he might be a good conversion prospect like Olawale was. I know we're looking at Olonilua at fullback, but it's easier to convert a TE than a RB IMO because the RB isn't used to lead blocking.