Evans Happy Bledsoe Gone?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Jersey said:
This is one of the things that drove me crazy about Troy Aikman and even was a bit of a problem with Testeverde last year. Vinnie locked into Keyshawn Johnson far too often and a good portion of his interceptions came as a result of looking only his way when a big play was needed.

Yo Bozo, you must be the King of all Moron's to have any problems with the leader of 3 super bowl teams and perhaps the greatest team of all time.

Really? Cause thats the thing i loved about Troy, when the game was on the line he went to the guy who made the play

the PLAYMAKER(see Pic)

HE caught any and every pass that hit his hands, and because of that when the game is on the line you want him to throw to who? A guy who has a DB on him,or maybe the imaginary guy runnnig down the field.Aikman knew Irvin was gonna catch the ball and get the first down, who elsecoudl he depend on like that?

Asfor Vinny, sometimes yeshe did that but the last time i checked was it not Crayton the rookie who caught the pass form VInny to win the Commanders game, and not Key?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Who are all these media that are piling on Bledsoe?

where have you been when all the articles about bledow records against 10-6 teams, and all the inforation of how bledsoe is gonna ruin ourplayoffs chances were posted?

jimmy40

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
where have you been when all the articles about bledow records against 10-6 teams, and all the inforation of how bledsoe is gonna ruin ourplayoffs chances were posted?
I've been right here reading you same guys posts crying about some imagined injustice the Cowboys are being subjected to. One damn article about Bledsoe's records against 10-6 teams blown completely out of porportion by the same whiners day after day. Bledsoe is a 500 career quarterback. Period. Deal with it.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
I've been right here reading you same guys posts crying about some imagined injustice the Cowboys are being subjected to. One damn article about Bledsoe's records against 10-6 teams blown completely out of porportion by the same whiners day after day. Bledsoe is a 500 career quarterback. Period. Deal with it.

I have, but i dont think our season is in the tank because he is, the last time i checked not a few seasons ago he had 4000 yardspassing, so i coudl care less if he is a 500 QB, Defense, and running the ball down a persons throat wins the game,allyou need is a bus driver at the QB, 2003 ring any bells?

Jersey

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
Really? Cause thats the thing i loved about Troy, when the game was on the line he went to the guy who made the play

the PLAYMAKER(see Pic)

HE caught any and every pass that hit his hands, and because of that when the game is on the line you want him to throw to who? A guy who has a DB on him,or maybe the imaginary guy runnnig down the field.Aikman knew Irvin was gonna catch the ball and get the first down, who elsecoudl he depend on like that?

Asfor Vinny, sometimes yeshe did that but the last time i checked was it not Crayton the rookie who caught the pass form VInny to win the Commanders game, and not Key?

My reply was in response to the original poster who had a problem with the best QB (Aikman) I've ever seen play. I totally agree that Aikman ALWAYS made the right decision. His was probably one of those assesments from someone who believes in awards for "participation" vs. Championships.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Jersey said:
My reply was in response to the original poster who had a problem with the best QB (Aikman) I've ever seen play. I totally agree that Aikman ALWAYS made the right decision. His was probably one of those assesments form someone who believes in awards for "participation" vs. Championships.

ok i'm sorry for the mis read, the my post is redirected to the orginal poster talking about Aikman.

Jersey

Reaction score
ok i'm sorry for the mis read, the my post is redirected to the orginal poster talking about Aikman.

No harm playmaker. See you Canton next year, when Troy and Mike hook up again.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Bledsoe has been interviewed and noted a few times Evans was just a rookie. To me it seems he felt the kid was making mistakes in routes or something because he has mentionned it in 3 different interviews how the WR there was soft.

The media is gonna jab Bledsoe and thats ok by me because they may just motivate him. I think Bledsoe has a decent handle on things when he says nfl people see him alot more favorably then media.

jay cee

Reaction score
SultanOfSix said:
Huh? I remember Aikman completing a pretty big play to Harper against he 49ers in the 1992 NFC Championship game. Aikman only locked on to Irvin when he didn't have a viable 2nd receiving threat and the team started to disintegrate during the Switzer and post-Switzer years.
The report at that time was that Irvin swapped assignments with Harper because he thought the route the defense was going to give them was Harpers.

If that was true, the pass was actually thrown to where Irvin should have been not Harper.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
jterrell said:
The media is gonna jab Bledsoe and thats ok by me because they may just motivate him. I think Bledsoe has a decent handle on things when he says nfl people see him alot more favorably then media.

So why would the media go out of their way to pillory Bledsoe, who off the field is a great humanitarian?

What good would that do them?

I think there is more than enough to justify the criticism.

And if you notice, most of the excuses come directly from his mouth and nowhere else.

What "NFL people" see him more favorably than this evil media that is just out to get him?

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Alexander said:
So why would the media go out of their way to pillory Bledsoe, who off the field is a great humanitarian?

And if you notice, most of the excuses come directly from his mouth and nowhere else.

What "NFL people" see him more favorably than this evil media that is just out to get him?

Bill Parcells:D:D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Alexander said:

Please read the threads.
The nfl people referred to are the ones quoted in the originating article. The one talking about how much he has left compared to Warner. And of course Parcells who refused to call back alot of agents but jumped at Drew before he was even officially cut. I haven't seen the nfl guy take that Drew is done but perhaps there are some who feel that way outside of Buffalo.

The media is a short-sighted bunch basing all on the last game, last pass, last season. Bledsoe was excellent not all that long ago for Buffalo. How often is that even mentionned? I do not think the media is intentionally beliggerent its just the nature of the business to overrreact to everything and focus team success or lackthereof on the QB.

I have my own concerns about Drew and do not see him as a great QB or this team's saviour. I do see him as a workable guy who has some skills we have lacked. He obviously has a strong and accurate arm. He's over 30 but not over the hill quite yet.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
jterrell said:
The media is a short-sighted bunch basing all on the last game, last pass, last season. Bledsoe was excellent not all that long ago for Buffalo. How often is that even mentionned? I do not think the media is intentionally beliggerent its just the nature of the business to overrreact to everything and focus team success or lackthereof on the QB.

I fail to understand how the most recent activity should be ignored in favor of something that occurred "not long ago".

Secondly, if the reaction is to assign blame or accolades for a team at the feet of the QB, why would the media avoid giving him credit for "leading" the Bills to the brink of the playoffs. More specifically, why would the Bills cut off their noses to spite their faces?

What is occurring is a total dismissal of their decision to move on and a complete embracing of Bledsoe because he got Coach Parcells stamp of approval.

He also approved of Vinny.

What we happen to be doing here is precisely what we laughed at Washington for doing and that is making the error that past success more than a few seasons removed equals a repeat.

It doesn't.

I have my own concerns about Drew and do not see him as a great QB or this team's saviour. I do see him as a workable guy who has some skills we have lacked. He obviously has a strong and accurate arm. He's over 30 but not over the hill quite yet.

We have lacked some things. But this is merely a different player than what we have had, not necessarily superior.

He has his strengths. Better arm and a little more accurate. He also has his weaknesses. Less mobile and more stubborn with his reads.

My general point is temper the enthusiasm. We are not getting the Bledsoe that made the Pro Bowl three years ago in all likelihood. And please stop it with the "media just hates him" business. It is ridiculous and reeks of paranoia.