Even the Mediots Whine like Gibbs...

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
:lmao2: Even after Gibbs' PC I couldnt stop laughing until I read this and laughed harder. I may have peed a little. http://nfldraftblitz.com/redskinscolumn.htm Washington Commanders

By: Sean Tracy

11/15/05

Quick, describe the Washington/Tampa Bay game in three letters. Can you do it? I can.

U-G-H. (you could throw in an exclamation point for emphasis, but that’s not my style)

I don’t want to seem like a sore loser, but the thing is … the officials were the worst officials I’ve ever seen. Tampa’s first TD was set up on a phantom “forced OB” call when Galloway stepped out of bounds with little assistance from his defensive counterpart.

Ladell Betts was obviously on the sideline on his run back.

Galloway obviously missed a pass on Tampa’s game winning drive. The nose of the ball was on the ground – the play was completely conclusive, yet not overturned.

And Alstott’s two point conversation? I’d have to check the rule book again, but I’m pretty sure you can’t advance the ball after your elbow hits the ground.

I’m obviously a bit biased here, but Patten was interfered with on 2nd down. Had it been the first quarter, there probably would have been a flag. Had the game been in Washington, there would have been a flag. I’m okay with the no call, but it’s further evidence of the horrible job the zebras did.

Anyway, boo hoo. Tampa sucks and it should have never gotten to that point. How do you let Chris Simms blow your defense up at the end of the game? I know Taylor was out with injury, and I know Griffin was out as well … but it’s Chris freaking Simms.

It shouldn’t have ever been to the point to where Tampa could tie. Brunell’s arm looked like spaghetti this game. His fastball must be thirty miles-per-hour. I can’t believe.

At this stage of his career, Brunell is the kind of QB that won’t lose you any games, but he won’t win you any either. People will disagree, citing his work in the Dallas game, throwing two deep balls to Santana Moss and saving the day.

Well, now we have another extreme. His fumbles and picks set Tampa up and really turned this into a game when Washington should have run away with it. It’s disappointing, but they were never going to win the Super Bowl anyway. They don’t have the horses this year. Nobody in the NFC does – except maybe the Panthers. Maybe.

For those of you who jumped on the bandwagon, I’m sure this one stings. Put it in perspective. It was a crap game with some crap calls against a crap team. It happens.

So what are their playoff chances?

They probably won’t win the division. They might, but I don’t think they will. Remember that Philly was a great team before TO was there and while their WR’s are young, McNabb looked plenty healthy against Washington last week. And at this point, the Giants are a bit better than the Commanders as well.

The NFC North, South and West will all be sending representatives to the playoffs. That’ll give us: Carolina, Seattle, Chicago. I doubt Washington will win the division. They might, but it’s not likely. Remember, Philly was a good team before TO arrived and while their WR’s are young, McNabb looked plenty healthy against Washington.

Atlanta will get in. You can take that to the bank.

That leaves Washington, Dallas and New York (and the rest of the horrible conference) to compete with. It’ll come down to how well Washington can play those two teams.

Dallas’ remaining schedule: Detroit, Denver, at New York, Kansas City, at Washington, at Carolina, St. Louis.

New York’s remaining schedule: Philly, at Seattle, Dallas, at Philly, Kansas City, at Washington, at Oakland.

Washington’s remaining schedule: Oakland, San Diego, at St. Louis, at Arizona, Dallas, New York, at Philly.

I figure Dallas will go 4-3, New York will go 3-4 and Washington will go either 3-4 or 4-3. If believe they’ll hand it to New York after last week’s monstrosity. If they can just beat Dallas, they’ll control their own destiny against a Philly team that will probably need that game for the division title.

Pray for 2-0 against Oakland and San Diego. They should go 1-1.

Then again, they should have defeated Tampa