Twitter: Everson Walls talks Cowboys, Parsons, and Diggs

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"he still thinks #Cowboys CB Trevon Diggs will still get balls thrown his way after this record-setting season. Says Diggs is way faster than he was."
"Diggs reminds him of himself and Champ Bailey the way he attacks the football."
"he likes #Cowboys LB Micah Parsons. Kind of reminds him of the late Derrick Thomas and Lawrence Taylor. Says what separates Micah Parsons though is he can come up the middle, not just off the edge."
"he would love for #Cowboys' Trevon Diggs to get NFL Defensive Player of the Year, but when looking at a guy like Micah Parsons, who can "go from hike to sack so quickly," you have to give NFL Defensive Player of the Year to Parsons."
"comparing #Cowboys Micah Parsons to Lawrence Taylor are fair. "He is that guy that can do even more than that." Says the fact you have to look for Parsons in the middle as well as the edge is what separates him."

CCBoy

Reaction score

"he still thinks #Cowboys CB Trevon Diggs will still get balls thrown his way after this record-setting season. Says Diggs is way faster than he was."
"Diggs reminds him of himself and Champ Bailey the way he attacks the football."
"he likes #Cowboys LB Micah Parsons. Kind of reminds him of the late Derrick Thomas and Lawrence Taylor. Says what separates Micah Parsons though is he can come up the middle, not just off the edge."
"he would love for #Cowboys' Trevon Diggs to get NFL Defensive Player of the Year, but when looking at a guy like Micah Parsons, who can "go from hike to sack so quickly," you have to give NFL Defensive Player of the Year to Parsons."
"comparing #Cowboys Micah Parsons to Lawrence Taylor are fair. "He is that guy that can do even more than that." Says the fact you have to look for Parsons in the middle as well as the edge is what separates him."

Mark Lane providing great insights as usual...

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
The memories of watching Everson Walls and Michael Downs in their rookie years and beyond are some of the most special memories for me.

Undrafted bad *** players right there...I was 11 when they joined the team and will always hold them in my memories as two of my favorite players ever.

plymkr

Reaction score
The memories of watching Everson Walls and Michael Downs in their rookie years and beyond are some of the most special memories for me.

Undrafted bad *** players right there...I was 11 when they joined the team and will always hold them in my memories as two of my favorite players ever.
Man you've seen it all. The 70's Cowboys and then the horrible 80's Cowboys and then the return dynasty of the 90's. You've also witnessed the 25 year depression and this season. You've lived a Dallas Cowboys roller coaster. I started watching the Boys late 70's. Was in grade school for the 80's and high school for the 90's. I don't know about you but I wonder if we win it all this year how I will react. Part of me thinks I'll be jumping up and down with excitement, another part of me may cry due to the rollercoaster of the journey.

tunahelper

Reaction score

In 2009, I met Everson in the old stadium parking lot. Michael Downs was meeting people at a booth next to the pro shop. I jokingly told Everson that Michael Downs said he was the reason you got so many picks. It was his coverage at safety that allowed him to jump passes.

Everson said What! I then told him I was kidding and he laughed. We talked Cowboy football for 20 minutes and he was good guy.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

He's Much more objective than Deion about DPoY

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In 2009, I met Everson in the old stadium parking lot. Michael Downs was meeting people at a booth next to the pro shop. I jokingly told Everson that Michael Downs said he was the reason you got so many picks. It was his coverage at safety that allowed him to jump passes.

Everson said What! I then told him I was kidding and he laughed. We talked Cowboy football for 20 minutes and he was good guy.
I too met Everson at Texas Stadium while on a tour. He was so nice and gracious!!

Reactions: BAT

blueblood70

Reaction score
270007280_1560151187685331_7992717303522325438_n.jpg

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
As a kid in the early 80s, Michael Downs was my favorite player on the defense. The guy was a giant at CB.