CFZ Every year it’s the same team

glimmerman

Reaction score
Every year it’s the same. Smash some teams and get a big head. Lose a game we should win. Then get back to winning a game or so.

But when the big test comes we get skunked. Badly at that. This is the same old team I am afraid. With egirls playing the way that are we may not even make the playoffs. If we do it’s one and done..

The game last night let us all know. We don’t have the team. Our whole team lost that game. Defense got eaten alive. No pressure and couldn’t stop the run. They let purdy do what ever he wanted.

Dak played the way I figured. You can tell in the first quarter how he is gonna do. He threw 3 picks. And was under constant pressure. Not to many qbs could have done much better. Our starting O-Line was on the field at the same time for the first time. Had no gel to them. I expect them to get better as it goes. But from the bottom up we stunk. Dak has got to tuck and run instead of holding the ball. Ends up getting sacked or throwing the pick.

We will now go a winning streak and beat most anyone. They will give us confidence we can win it all. Then we will have another clunker in the playoffs. We have 0 consistency.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Every year it’s the same. Smash some teams and get a big head. Lose a game we should win. Then get back to winning a game or so.

But when the big test comes we get skunked. Badly at that. This is the same old team I am afraid. With egirls playing the way that are we may not even make the playoffs. If we do it’s one and done..

The game last night let us all know. We don’t have the team. Our whole team lost that game. Defense got eaten alive. No pressure and couldn’t stop the run. They let purdy do what ever he wanted.

Dak played the way I figured. You can tell in the first quarter how he is gonna do. He threw 3 picks. And was under constant pressure. Not to many qbs could have done much better. Our starting O-Line was on the field at the same time for the first time. Had no gel to them. I expect them to get better as it goes. But from the bottom up we stunk. Dak has got to tuck and run instead of holding the ball. Ends up getting sacked or throwing the pick.

We will now go a winning streak and beat most anyone. They will give us confidence we can win it all. Then we will have another clunker in the playoffs. We have 0 consistency.
YOU'RE A GENIUS, PERFECTLY SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aftershock

Reaction score

I'm not so sure the rest of the season will play out as you would expect... don't forget the Arizona game. A clearly inferior team that we should have beat and we looked like a pop warner team.
This team is broken and rotten from top to bottom.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I'm not so sure the rest of the season will play out as you would expect... don't forget the Arizona game. A clearly inferior team that we should have beat and we looked like a pop warner team.
This team is broken and rotten from top to bottom.
That’s what I just posted. We smash some teams and then lose to a team we should beat. I was referring to the cards game. Problem this season is we have to play teams that are hot. We play fins on Christmas Eve and egirls twice.

fredp22

Reaction score
dont think we will go on a winning streak. Teams will watch and study/copy this game. We are weak at rb, wr, te, lb, qb
I would get rid of MM, Dak and let Quinn run this team with Rush as qb .

glimmerman

Reaction score
dont think we will go on a winning streak. Teams will watch and study/copy this game. We are weak at rb, wr, te, lb, qb
I would get rid of MM, Dak and let Quinn run this team with Rush as qb .
Lol. People are going to start wanting Lance soon. If we put Lance or Rush in that game last night it would have been worse. Dak needs to tuck and run in situations. He stopped doing it.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol. People are going to start wanting Lance soon. If we put Lance or Rush in that game last night it would have been worse. Dak needs to tuck and run in situations. He stopped doing it.
Yeah, I saw a couple of times Dak could have run with the ball, but decides to hang on and get sacked or throw an abomination of a pass!! smh

glimmerman

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw a couple of times Dak could have run with the ball, but decides to hang on and get sacked or throw an abomination of a pass!! smh
Exactly right. About every sack is from hanging on to the ball. He has that option to pull it down and usually has a lane. But he ends up trying at the last second to get away but gets sacked or throws a dumb pass..

jsb357

Reaction score
at the very top...yes

boss.jpg

Zman5

Reaction score

That formula has made billions for Jerry. The Cowboys are most valued sports franchise in the world? Why would he want to change anything?

Jipper

Reaction score
"start"? I think were over the tipping point...people want a change - soemthing different even if it means we lose a lot of games...

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
one win and you guys will be super bowl bound again. Then you can go back to call us haters while jerry laughs at you.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Just think about how much more money a SB win would bring him.
That's why I always say despite people thinking that it is absurd that Jerry is losing money and that If I owned them this whole time instead of Jerry they would be worth more - because I would have did whatever it took to keep Jimmy happy, and I certainly would not have made myself GM after he left.

Praxit

Reaction score
....Glimmer, its our culture. Silver spoon fed team. You know, rich kid high school.

Where you dont have to work tremendously hard for things.

There's no fire in them. It all comes in candy bag.

foofighters

Reaction score
I think Dak is done. He's afraid to let the ball rip. He's holding on to it way too long because he's going to take a sack versus the chance of throwing a pick. All the INT talk this off season is in his head and he's afraid to pull the trigger. Plus MM's system is also very conservative which doesn't give them a chance to come from behind and Dak hasn't really been that guy to consistently bring teams from behind as well.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think Dak is done. He's afraid to let the ball rip. He's holding on to it way too long because he's going to take a sack versus the chance of throwing a pick. All the INT talk this off season is in his head and he's afraid to pull the trigger. Plus MM's system is also very conservative which doesn't give them a chance to come from behind and Dak hasn't really been that guy to consistently bring teams from behind as well.
He had a lot of come from behind wins his first 3 years. After his injury it’s all changed.

J_Allen

Reaction score
He had a lot of come from behind wins his first 3 years. After his injury it’s all changed.
He doesn't run anymore like another poster said. He was never a burner but he was mobile. I think the injury limited him and the same with Pollard, who was not a #1 back pre-injury anyway.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I totally agree, he did have a lot of come-from-behind wins earlier in his career, and he beat some very good teams and QBs. He beat Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, and Drew Brees. It all changed after the ankle injury. He’s completely lost his confidence and doesn’t use his legs like he used to. He’s clearly regressed.