Everyone wants to be a cowboy!!!

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
mastlogo.gif

[FONT=arial, helvetica]
[FONT=verdana,arial]October 1, 2008
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Palmer status still questionable[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
By Mark Curnutte
mcurnutte@enquirer.com
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer said this morning that whether he plays Sunday at Dallas has yet to be determined.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]“Nothing’s changed. Like I said last week, I prepare. I’m expecting to play, like I said,” Palmer said this morning. “I’ll be a little bit limited in practice but getting as many reps as I can and looks like it’ll come down to a decision later on in the week.”[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Palmer's early status was questionable for Dallas. He has inflammation in his right (throwing) elbow. Palmer has been receiving several hours of treatment a day. There is no ligament damage.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]“Definitely, it’s definitely getting better,” he said. “It’s progressed day by day, and I keep my fingers crossed, keep praying and hope that it keeps progressing and that I’ll be ready to roll.”[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]Palmer was limited in practice today. In quarterback drills, he was dropping back but not throwing the ball.

“Yeah, I mean, you don’t want to overstress what I’ve got going on and when you do, that’s when you start either getting tendonitis or start tearing things and requiring surgery later on down the road,” he said. “So the training staff’s going to take this thing as slow as possible and definitely have a long-term mindset and wanting to see some progression, and make sure we’re not pushing it too fast.”

Being patient is difficult.

“I’ve been fortunate enough to not have many injuries like this that have kept me out of games and I’ve practiced ever since I’ve been here, every single day, and haven’t missed practices,” Palmer said. “So it’s different watching and only doing the run plays and not getting to throw, so it can be frustrating. But I just need to be patient like I said and trust the medical staff that they’re doing the right thing.”

He said he has never had elbow problems before.

Ryan Fitzpatrick would make his second start in a row if Palmer can't play.

Palmer said playing at Texas Stadium would be a boyhood dream come true.

"Personally, I grew up a Cowboys fan," said Palmer, who played the Cowboys only once, in Cincinnati, in 2004. "I've always wanted to see (Texas Stadium) and play there. It's America's team.

"They probably won't admit it, but everybody wants to get drafted by the Cowboys, the way the organization is set up and the way it treats its players. It's kind of like seeing the big show, like the Lakers of the NFL."
[/FONT]

Reaction score
Growing up a Cowboys fan and starring at USC.

It doesn't get any better than that.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
RXP;2302257 said:
Growing up a Cowboys fan and starring at USC.

It doesn't get any better than that.

Until you get drafted by the Bungles. :eekmouse:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Palmer said playing at Texas Stadium would be a boyhood dream come true.

"Personally, I grew up a Cowboys fan," said Palmer, who played the Cowboys only once, in Cincinnati, in 2004. "I've always wanted to see (Texas Stadium) and play there. It's America's team.

"They probably won't admit it, but everybody wants to get drafted by the Cowboys, the way the organization is set up and the way it treats its players. It's kind of like seeing the big show, like the Lakers of the NFL."

You are absolutely correct, Mr. Palmer.