News: EW: Eagles LT Jordan Mailata set for MRI after suffering shoulder injury

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Shoulders are tough because they are SO tricky. My left one is jacked up right now and I did NOTHING to cause it! I'm pretty active, lift weights and work out but I'm also just north of 50. These guys are superbly conditioned warriors and they still have issues. Knees and shoulders are brutal for football players.
Maybe adhesive capsulitis?

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/frozen-shoulder/symptoms-causes/syc-20372684#:~:text=Frozen shoulder, also called adhesive,risk of developing frozen shoulder.

Happens to both of my shoulders and I'm active. Not quite 50, but not too far away.
Of course, I'm a Type 1 Diabetic so that factors.

Last edited:

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but he's Peters is no longer with the Eagles. If I remember, they actually drafted Lane Johnson as Peters's replacement. But when Peters was lost for the season, they decided to first try Mailata at LT rather than moving Johnson from RT. If it didn't work out, they were prepared to switch to Johnson LT but as we know the rest is history.

Yeah that’s pretty close to how it all played out. Lane Johnson was our LT of the future, but Lane was kept at RT because he was established there for so long and made an all pro team that we decided not to disrupt that.

Andre Dillard was actually our 2019 first round pick to replace JP, and then Mailata entered the picture when Dillard got injured in 2020.