Ex Kent St. QB Julian Edelman being looked at by Miami & Dallas

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Ex-Kent State quarterback/athlete Julian Edelman being looked at by Miami and Dallas. Meanwhile, K.S.U. prospects Rico Murray and Derek Burrell grabbed the attention of scouts, as The NFL Network asks for their photos and bios.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This was a guy who was mentioned as a Wildcat prospect. He has great speed and athleticism at QB. Very late round guy or UDFA type.

Dallas scouts are aware of him.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
he's being looked at as a WR, and according to all accounts is really an impressive athlete, tied for 5th fastest 3-cone in the draft

and something Hostile might like, he averaged nearly 40 yards per punt last year, and apparently he's already appeared on 103.3 in Dallas

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2712039 said:
he's being looked at as a WR, and according to all accounts is really an impressive athlete, tied for 5th fastest 3-cone in the draft

and something Hostile might like, he averaged nearly 40 yards per punt last year, and apparently he's already appeared on 103.3 in Dallas

Julian Edelman #1
Quarterback

Height: 6-foot-0
Weight: 198 pounds
Class Year: Sr
Experience: 3V
Hometown: Redwood City, CA
Prior School: College of San Mateo

Depth Chart details | roster
1. QB - J. Edelman | 6-0, 198, Sr.
2. QB - A. Magazu | 6-3, 196, Sr.

As a Recruit (profile)

Class: 2006 (Junior College)
Rating/Rankings: | NR

Highlight Videos [more]

No Videos Available.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
N.F.L. "insider" compares athletic Kent State quarterback Julian Edelman to Wes Welker and Antwaan Randle El?

DD.comment: Story is at the bottom of the link. We've been hyping Edelman as a legit N.F.L. prospect since he was a junior, after one of our league sources tipped us off that scouts really liked the kid's quickness. Last year he seemed destined to be an undrafted free agent, but thanks to his pro day showing and his ability to operate in the suddenly in vogue "Wildcat" formation, we think he can slip into the second day of the draft.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
KSU quarterback Julian Edelman made a strong impression in his pro day workout March 12. Edelman ran a 4.48-second 40-yard dash, had a vertical leap of 361/2 inches and a broad jump of 10 feet, 3 inches. He ran a 3.91-second shuttle; NFL types asked him to run again because they didn't believe the number. Those stats are more than impressive for a guy who is being looked at as an NFL receiver and who, if drafted, would go second day. ''He's a really skilled guy — similar to [Antwaan] Randle El and Seneca Wallace,'' a league insider said. ''He can play 'Wildcat,' return kicks, and he may be the next Wes Welker as a wide receiver.'' High praise, but Kent State has a reputation for producing athletes who go on to succeed in the pros.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2712039 said:

Man, I like Patrick Crayton's fair catches. He's a machine. :)

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Sounds like better value than either Cosby, Thomas or Wallace.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
BAT;2713029 said:
Sounds like better value than either Cosby, Thomas or Wallace.

or Casey

sorry, I just had to:p:

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2713093 said:
or Casey

sorry, I just had to:p:

Show me where Edelman plays FB/H-Back. Sorry, I just had to too. :)

SDogo

Reaction score
BAT;2713101 said:
Show me where Edelman plays FB/H-Back. Sorry, I just had to too. :)

He can probably block just as well:)

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2713106 said:
He can probably block just as well:)

:lmao2: Good one!

But seriously, Casey will be able to lead block at the next level. The guy is willing to do anything, he will be a serious upgrade to Deon Anderson, at the VERY LEAST.

SDogo

Reaction score
BAT;2713112 said:
:lmao2: Good one!

But seriously, Casey will be able to lead block at the next level. The guy is willing to do anything, he will be a serious upgrade to Deon Anderson, at the VERY LEAST.

So would any of handful of TRUE FB's coming out in the draft and ironically because they are true FB's would probably see the field more then the multidimensional Casey.

He may be willing to lead block but that does not mean he would effective at it. He never showed it at Rice in the spread and it seemed as if they made every effort to keep him out of traffic.

With that, I'm done hijacking another thread in the name of Casey or Brace. lol

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2713124 said:
So would any of handful of TRUE FB's coming out in the draft and ironically because they are true FB's would probably see the field more then the multidimensional Casey.

He may be willing to lead block but that does not mean he would effective at it. He never showed it at Rice in the spread and it seemed as if they made every effort to keep him out of traffic.

With that, I'm done hijacking another thread in the name of Casey or Brace. lol

But not too many true FBs (none in this draft anyway) offer the same type of offensive potential either. Unless you know of any FB who has had over 1,300 receving yards, over a dozen TDs and over 100 catches in a single season?

And those who question his blocking, are doubting his ability to be an effective in-line blocker, due to being under 255 lbs. But he is plenty big enough, tough enough and agile enough to be a lead blocker.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
BAT;2713142 said:
But not too many true FBs (none in this draft anyway) offer the same type of offensive potential either. Unless you know of any FB who has had over 1,300 receving yards, over a dozen TDs and over 100 catches in a single season?

And those who question his blocking, are doubting his ability to be an effective in-line blocker, due to being under 255 lbs. But he is plenty big enough, tough enough and agile enough to be a lead blocker.

well i think we need a true fullback, thats one of our weaknesses
but generally when you draft a rookie fullback it takes him over a year to settle in to pro football

as far as the qb/wr if he is truly that good i returning punts, then go get him, he might be a steal at wr too and help out some in the wildcat formation

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yep, Brian Estridge on GAC mentioned this a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't remember his name, though... Only the Kent State QB who was a wildcat candidate.

Which I still think is a huge smokescreen.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2713160 said:
well i think we need a true fullback, thats one of our weaknesses
but generally when you draft a rookie fullback it takes him over a year to settle in to pro football

as far as the qb/wr if he is truly that good i returning punts, then go get him, he might be a steal at wr too and help out some in the wildcat formation

Marcus Mailei Weber State 6'0 250 - The LB Eraser; soft hands, great blocking in space & is a stud short yardage runner

And should be available in the 6th-UDFA.