Recap: Ex-Packer James Jones shares Coach Mac stories with Colin Cowherd. Talks Coach Mike Job Security

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Good piece. Cowherd isn't all bad. Let's Jones do a lot of the talking.

Hilarious story about a cold game with Brett Favre at beginning, but Cowboys talk starts 3:50

Sounds like Jones is rooting for Cowboys because of his love of Coach Mike, but won't say it because doesn't want to piss of Packers fans! LOL
  • No pressure on GB. Love's first Playoff. Win or Lose, pressure is on Dallas.
  • First pass Jones caught in a Super Bowl he felt like hit by 5 people. Players must understand Playoff pace is much faster. Everything on line.
  • Green Bay is a good first drive team. Something to think about since Dallas like to play downhill.
  • Coach Mike used to always tell them the most talented teams don't win Super Bowls, the closest teams do. Coach Mac was ALWAYS about the locker room. Thinks will be a mutiny in Las Vegas if they don't hire Pierce. He has the locker room, same way Big Mac had it when he coached Green Bay.
  • Playcalling didn't change when Mac went into Playoffs, but practice did. He would put signs up in building. Intensity went way up. He would make sure the team understood it was a different season and players would see a new Mike.
  • This playoff run is BIG for Dak and Mike. Cowboys will be crazy to let Mike go, but if they go one and done, there will definitely be a chance Coach Mike is fired. So it's a must win for jobs.
  • Feels like Dallas and Philly are must win situations. Even crazier with Sirianni. Just went to the Super Bowl. 11-6. Mike won NFC East 2/3 seasons. This is a tough business! I'm staying out of coaching!
  • Cowherd says there about 5 teams in this League where pressure is more intense - media, fans, heritage, etc. Cowboys and Eagles are on the list.
  • Which job would Jones take? San Diego Chargers. Only one with a franchise QB. (Preach it brother. Couldn't believe how many fans didn't pick Chargers in the thread we had going about that.)

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Cowherd still sucks .
Herbert has to be the most over rated QB in history . He literally can’t win with Ekeler , Josh Allen , Williams , Bosa and Khalil Mack.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Cowherd still sucks .
Herbert has to be the most over rated QB in history . He literally can’t win with Ekeler , Josh Allen , Williams , Bosa and Khalil Mack.
It was the NFL WR who picked Herbert, not Cowherd.

plymkr

Reaction score
Good piece. Cowherd isn't all bad. Let's Jones do a lot of the talking.

Hilarious story about a cold game with Brett Favre at beginning, but Cowboys talk starts 3:50

Sounds like Jones is rooting for Cowboys because of his love of Coach Mike, but won't say it because doesn't want to piss of Packers fans! LOL
  • No pressure on GB. Love's first Playoff. Win or Lose, pressure is on Dallas.
  • First pass Jones caught in a Super Bowl he felt like hit by 5 people. Players must understand Playoff pace is much faster. Everything on line.
  • Green Bay is a good first drive team. Something to think about since Dallas like to play downhill.
  • Coach Mike used to always tell them the most talented teams don't win Super Bowls, the closest teams do. Coach Mac was ALWAYS about the locker room. Thinks will be a mutiny in Las Vegas if they don't hire Pierce. He has the locker room, same way Big Mac had it when he coached Green Bay.
  • Playcalling didn't change when Mac went into Playoffs, but practice did. He would put signs up in building. Intensity went way up. He would make sure the team understood it was a different season and players would see a new Mike.
  • This playoff run is BIG for Dak and Mike. Cowboys will be crazy to let Mike go, but if they go one and done, there will definitely be a chance Coach Mike is fired. So it's a must win for jobs.
  • Feels like Dallas and Philly are must win situations. Even crazier with Sirianni. Just went to the Super Bowl. 11-6. Mike won NFC East 2/3 seasons. This is a tough business! I'm staying out of coaching!
  • Cowherd says there about 5 teams in this League where pressure is more intense - media, fans, heritage, etc. Cowboys and Eagles are on the list.
  • Which job would Jones take? San Diego Chargers. Only one with a franchise QB. (Preach it brother. Couldn't believe how many fans didn't pick Chargers in the thread we had going about that.)

Thank you for the recap. I appreciate it

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
James Jones was the QB on my son's high school squad. Good kid. Went through a lot of crap growing up including a stint of homelessness. Good to see he came out the other side!
I enjoy his regular show Speak on FS1. He has good chemistry on the show. The reserved though out take guy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
James Jones is great he's one of the few I can listen to on these shows. He was a underrated receiver in the NFL too. I actually didn't know he led the league in touchdowns one year......use to enjoy watching him and those GB receivers play....well when it wasn't against the Cowboys anyway.