Exosome injections

Mannix

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has tried these for muscle repair...they are supposed to be more effective than PRP injections, but there is still not much known about them. Having issues with some slight muscle tears in my left elbow....probably due to over compensating for my right elbow which I had tennis elbow surgery on 18 months ago....haven't been able to pick up a golf club in three (3) years....sucks. Anyone have luck with these for muscle repair??? Would appreciate any input...thanks!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Curious if anyone has tried these for muscle repair...they are supposed to be more effective than PRP injections, but there is still not much known about them. Having issues with some slight muscle tears in my left elbow....probably due to over compensating for my right elbow which I had tennis elbow surgery on 18 months ago....haven't been able to pick up a golf club in three (3) years....sucks. Anyone have luck with these for muscle repair??? Would appreciate any input...thanks!
No, but I can relate to not being able to pick up a golf club. Went 11 years before finally getting my torn rotator cuff repaired.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
For old guys like me, treatments like PRP injections are pretty much useless due to the loss of blood rich tissue my joints tend to have. I have to believe exosome injections work the same way, as an aid to promote tissue repair, and thrive on young, blood-rich tissue for success. If you are young, it may be a good option for you. If you trust your Surgeon, I would follow their recommendations.

I am a big believer in PT. For 20 years it has kept we away from spinal surgery. You may need to increase the mobility and strengthen the areas around your elbow to help take some of the stress you are applying to the joint. After my rotator cuff surgery, I worked on strengthening the mussels around the AC joint to help relieve the stress on my RC.

Good luck!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
For old guys like me, treatments like PRP injections are pretty much useless due to the loss of blood rich tissue my joints tend to have. I have to believe exosome injections work the same way, as an aid to promote tissue repair, and thrive on young, blood-rich tissue for success. If you are young, it may be a good option for you. If you trust your Surgeon, I would follow their recommendations.

I am a big believer in PT. For 20 years it has kept we away from spinal surgery. You may need to increase the mobility and strengthen the areas around your elbow to help take some of the stress you are applying to the joint. After my rotator cuff surgery, I worked on strengthening the mussels around the AC joint to help relieve the stress on my RC.

Good luck!
LOL. That would be muscles not steamers.

Creeper

Reaction score
No, but I can relate to not being able to pick up a golf club. Went 11 years before finally getting my torn rotator cuff repaired.
How long ago did you have it repaired? Are you having any pain?

I had my shoulder repaired in 2008 and until about a year ago it felt great. No pain, no problems. But then I started to developing some pain around the joint and down the back of my upper arm, especially in the morning when I first wake up. I had some pain when I would workout, especially bench presses. I would feel pain for about 5 or 6 reps then it would subside. It has gotten worse, but some days it is tolerable. Not all the time, just with certain motions.

I have tried cold, hot, and TENs and I only get temporary relief. I can't take NSAIDs due to kidney issues. I do the exercises I learned in physical therapy the last time I had shoulder problems.

I don't think I would opt for surgery again, not at my age. But I would love to reduce the pain so I can do full workouts again.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How long ago did you have it repaired? Are you having any pain?

I had my shoulder repaired in 2008 and until about a year ago it felt great. No pain, no problems. But then I started to developing some pain around the joint and down the back of my upper arm, especially in the morning when I first wake up. I had some pain when I would workout, especially bench presses. I would feel pain for about 5 or 6 reps then it would subside. It has gotten worse, but some days it is tolerable. Not all the time, just with certain motions.

I have tried cold, hot, and TENs and I only get temporary relief. I can't take NSAIDs due to kidney issues. I do the exercises I learned in physical therapy the last time I had shoulder problems.

I don't think I would opt for surgery again, not at my age. But I would love to reduce the pain so I can do full workouts again.
I got the surgery in 2018. My shoulder got to about 90% after around a year. It's now about 95%. Don't think it'll ever be 100%.

Maybe you should see about a cortisone injection.

Creeper

Reaction score
I got the surgery in 2018. My shoulder got to about 90% after around a year. It's now about 95%. Don't think it'll ever be 100%.

Maybe you should see about a cortisone injection.
Yeah, I am looking for a good sport medicine guy around here now. My guess is he will recommend 12 weeks of physical therapy. I am concerned it is arthritis this time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, I am looking for a good sport medicine guy around here now. My guess is he will recommend 12 weeks of physical therapy. I am concerned it is arthritis this time.
Or bursitis. Good luck, brother, shoulder pain is right up near the top (no pun intended) as the worst.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Probably best to go to PT. Most insurances cover a number of sessions per plan year with no out of pocket and it’s likely your best bet.

Exosome sounds like some snake oil and lacking an FDA approval will be straight out of pocket cost to you.