Expect a T.O.-Ocho Cinco showdown Sunday

Reaction score
Expect a T.O.-Ocho Cinco showdown Sunday

By Chick Ludwig
Staff Writer

Friday, October 03, 2008

CINCINNATI — It's not just the Bengals vs. the Cowboys at Texas Stadium on Sunday, Oct. 5.
It's a grudge match between two of the NFL's perennial Pro Bowl wide receivers: the Bengals' Chad Ocho Cinco vs. the Cowboys' Terrell Owens.
Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis will take his guy, the player formerly known as Chad Johnson.
"Both are really good receivers," Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips said. "I'm partial to our guy. Chad or 85 or whatever his name is, he's an excellent receiver. He's a Pro Bowl-type receiver, also.
"Terrell is a big, strong, fast guy that we certainly think a lot of. He's a hall-of-famer. He's maybe the best receiver in the league right now."
Owens, a 6-foot-3, 218-pounder, has 17 catches for 264 yards and four touchdowns. The 6-1, 192-pound Ocho Cinco is looking for a breakout game after being limited to 11 receptions for 116 yards and one TD.
Both are high-profile stars who command attention. They thrive in the spotlight, talk trash, stir up controversy and have their own unique brand of celebrating TDs.
The wide receivers' gigantic egos are a sign of the times.
"It used to be the running backs because we ran the ball a lot more," Phillips said. "But nowadays, it's the passing game. They're featured more. They're needed to make big plays. I think that's the reason it's gone that way. The passing game has always been big in the NFL, but even more so today."

CHAD OCHO CINCO
"We're 0-4. We're angry. Somebody's got to pay. Man, we are going to throw everything, including the kitchen sink, out there in Dallas. I'm bringing the cold tub, the hot tub. I'm bringing the training room. What else can we do?"
"Two of the most interesting players in football today (will be) on the same field. I don't think anybody is going to be thinking about the (Bengals' 0-4) record. People are going to want to see a show and I am going to give them a show."
"I've got so much respect for y'all, if I score Sunday, I love Dallas so much, I'm going to take my helmet off, get a fine and kiss the star."

TERRELL OWENS
"It's really unfair to take the 18 plays or 18 balls that went my way and dissect those. That is not to say nothing about (quarterback) Tony Romo. I am not going to be able to catch every ball thrown my way. Every pass was not a valid catchable pass."
?I feel very confident we?ll get back on the right track this weekend. I am positive and this team is positive, but we know we didn?t play well (in a 26-24 loss to the Commanders).?

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/co...ro/bengals/2008/10/03/ddn100308spbengals.html

Extreme

Benched
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2305231 said:
All I know is that T.O. is way better than Ocho-Stinko.
Agreed. The biggest differenc ebeing when T.O. runs his mouth, he has the stats and talent to back it up. Ocho's just an idiot with great hands that consistently underachieves.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do either of them play defense? No. So no showdown to see here.