Expecting a 65/35 run-to-pass play split tomorrow night

_sturt_

Reaction score
They got Lance his first 40 throws... now it's time to figure out both of the major elements in the run game. I'm looking for Dowdle to get one series, but after that Vaughn and Davis to get the lion's share of touches, with Luepke and Freeman divvying up fullback snaps. I'm not sure many would agree, but I'm persuaded Freeman is only in camp to give Luepke someone to compete against for a roster spot.

But the bigger issue... yes, more than the RBs' performance... will holes get created. Will this line be able to get the job done with rookies or near-rookies competing for jobs. I mainly want to hear after tomorrow night's game that Guyton and Richards excelled at LT, so that even though we lost Edoga, Richards is ready... and so that, even if Guyton reverts to what made him a deficit in OU's running game, Richards is ready. I have some confidence that Hoffman is, at least, adequate at C, and the main thing there now is just whether Beebe can overtake him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The play calling won't be so one sided as last week. But this preseason offense is still all about one thing - Lance. Expect a heavy dose of Lance again this week as the Cowboys try to figure out exactly where they stand with him.

I don't expect anything but generic play calling and with a mix of RB/OL the entire game the running game won't be consistent and just look erratic.

#1 goal of the night - no injuries
#2 goal of the night - figure out Lance more

shabazz

Reaction score
We are evaluating for 2024.....Jerry is evaluating for 2025

Having said that, for this team it should be about mastering fundamentals. Teams like the Chiefs and 49ers fine tune because they already have fundamentals down to a tee......we are in a very different mode because we are still figuring out LB, OL, DTs, and RBs.......and possibly WRs