Extremely important to win this for conference record!

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Take a look at the teams we are competing for the Wildcard with. Lots of 5-4 or 4-5 Conference records. That tie-breaker will end up being important. In some ways winning this game is bigger than winning against Pitts or Baltimore. If we can afford to lose one (big if with all the high winning or .500 records in NFC), it's against an AFC squad.

We have the head to head against Tampa (might end up being a bigger win than we even thought at time) and Green Bay. We need to hope Tampa does not win division, then we'd have a tie breaker on them if we end with same record based on head to head (thankfully because they already have 7 conference wins). Green Bay will have tough time clawing their way back in unless the win division outright, which would really suck. We have basically 2.5 game lead on Green Bay in the Wild Card Hunt, so we want either Chicago or Minni to win division.

Arizona is basically a shoe-in for their Division, and all Cowboys fans should route for them from here on out, at least against other NFC opponents!

This seems to be a big week where the Boys can claw themselves a bit of help in Wild Card hunt. Lots of head to head match ups in other NFC games.

Looking at the schedule and seeing how Seattle is a Conference opponent, this really is a MUST WIN. I think we could even realistically win out after a loss to Seattle and still not be a wildcard based on conference record tie-breakers.

Other than we "should" be the better team, we have some advantages in this game. Living in Vancouver, it became pretty obvious that historically Seattle plays much better at home than on road. They had a later game Sunday, AND they have to travel East (losing a couple hours time wise also) on a short week. Apparently it's rare that a west coast team is asked to Travel East on a short week, but we get a break here. They put their better pass rusher on IR last week too. This is a must win game, with some real advantages being home on short week, and an opportunity to really shake rust off for Tony and the offense, have the defense continue the roll they are on (they are getting a bit of an identity), and also give us 10 days to heal AND prepare (no extra days off please) for the next game. Boys usually play pretty well on Thanksgiving. Must Win, and I think team psyche is looking better (coming together a bit, surviving the recent turmoil, getting healthier, and getting a bit physically and mentally tougher!).

If they let Julius run wild on them, I'll be sick! Our D should be motivated and same with Barber (not that he needs motivation).

No room for error in this conference this year though! Must win!

LarryCanadian

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Ignore the "must win" parts and concentrate on the rest of the post then:eek::

It really is though! Each week it becomes more real, you will be converted toa believer. I'd really hate to prove it to you though, so lets hope otherwise.

LarryCanadian

Audiman

Reaction score
LarryCanadian;2443836 said:
Ignore the "must win" parts and concentrate on the rest of the post then:eek::

It really is though! Each week it becomes more real, you will be converted toa believer. I'd really hate to prove it to you though, so lets hope otherwise.

LarryCanadian

I've been telling everyone we're going to the Super Bowl, so I don't need to be coverted to a believer.

seriously though, every game should be a must win game.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Every game isn't a must win, but THIS one is. And for the reason the OP mentioned. The reason Wash and Atl are in front of us right now is cuz they have a better conference record. If we lose to an NFC opponent not only does it hurt our W/L record, but it puts us deeper in the hole as far as our conference record is concerned.

I think we need to go 10-6 AT LEAST to make the playoffs, but those 2 losses would have to be vs the Ravens and Steelers for us to have a chance. That means we have to take care of business on thursday and we have to beat the giants and eagles. All three of our NFC games are must wins... UNLESS we go 2/3 in those games and beat the Ravens and Steelers. 11-5 and we're in, regardless. 10-6 and we're in only if we have no more losses to NFC teams.