FA signing......are we DONE?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners,

Do you feel we are done with signing free agents?

Are we preparing and concentration ONLY on the draft from this point forward?

I just returned from vacation and trying to play catch up, but, have not read any reports that we are looking at any particualar players.

Whaz up? :starspin

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
To me it looks like we are about done. We could be waiting for the pricetag to drop on one or two players. I think we already know who else we might sign (if anyone) and have probably given them a verbal offer. But I think that management would be content to go to the draft with what we have and try to fill our remaining holes and add depth there.

silver

Reaction score
wait till after the draft and then we'll see who's out there in june after the cuts. i can see a db and a vet qb added late.

Duane

Reaction score
I think we're done until after the draft. The Boys want to focus 100% of their attention to the draft right now then worry about filling any remaining holes in the May-June time frame.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Is there any free-agent left worth signing, for a position we likely cannot address in the draft?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
Is there any free-agent left worth signing, for a position we likely cannot address in the draft?

I was thinking maybe Coleman still but we can fill that hole (FS) in the draft. Beyond that it would only be signing guys for depth or camp fodder. June 1st doesn't really present all that many quality players anymore but you never know.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Well I don't disagree with the folks that say we are done but yet I still keep thinking we need to knock out a whole or at least a stopgap either FS vet or Lavar as a lb, it would decidedly allow us to be able to move around more in the draft, I still think we need all the lb we can get and a nose guy, and an extra cb/fs youngster. The 3/4 is so hard on lb, they get so beat up over the year, it was one of a couple of things that did us in besides the kicker and FLo. You just need alot of big lb in a 3/4 and honestly you need young ones cause the old guys get hurt alot...

Eddie

Reaction score
I think we're concentrating on the draft right now. Not many pieces left hanging, and the FA pickups really allow us some flexibility in the upcoming draft.

We'll probably pick up a few more unknown and mid-level FA's after the draft.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think Dallas is done signing big name FA but would not be suprised to see some lower level FA get signed after the draft.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
We will probably bring in another lineman and possibly another LB after the draft and during the preseason, much like we did with Fujita and Price last season. There may be some solid depth available when teams have to trim their roster, and Parcells wants to have enough money left to get them.