FA target: Center - Ryan Jensen

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Jerry needs to restructure Amari, Dak & Lawerence to make cap room to go after a top notch center. Bringing in a veteran will bring stability and consistency to the offense.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

Strengths:
– Finishing and maintaining blocks
– Blocking in space

Weaknesses:
– Can be overaggressive
– Snap accuracy

Scheme Fit/Role:
STARTING CENTER: Jensen's best fit is on a downhill rushing offense that takes advantage of his physicality, but he's graded above the 70th-percentile of all centers in gap and zone run schemes over the past three seasons. A return to Tampa Bay makes sense for both sides, given the team's Super Bowl aspirations and Jensen's fit in that scheme.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Move Collins to guard if he don’t want to send his arse packing

Not impressed with Collins. He was mediocre at best this year.

I would draft 2-3 OL this year and open up the competition at RT, C, and LG. Hope that Tyron can hold up— but prepare for life without him

starfan1

Reaction score
Not impressed with Collins. He was mediocre at best this year.

I would draft 2-3 OL this year and open up the competition at RT, C, and LG. Hope that Tyron can hold up— but prepare for life without him
I wasn’t either I think Steele outperformed him at RT that said doing a total revamp of the line is unlikely . The biggest issues are at center and LG.

and no Tyron cannot be relied upon if that isn’t abundantly clear by now I don’t know what Jerry needs to see

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Maybe we shoulda drafted humphries instead of Joseph. One is already rated a top 3 center in the league as a rookie and looking at a 10yr pro bowl career while the other one hasn’t done squat and can barely keep his head screwed on

visionary

Reaction score
First sensible thread you’ve made in forever. I’ve been talking about this guy since the off season began but unfortunately because of the money your homie is stealing we won’t be able to afford him

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I wasn’t either I think Steele outperformed him at RT that said doing a total revamp of the line is unlikely . The biggest issues are at center and LG.

and no Tyron cannot be relied upon if that isn’t abundantly clear by now I don’t know what Jerry needs to see

Agree. C and LG are urgent needs. I would let Steele and Collins compete at RT.

Tyron is still good (not elite anymore) when he is healthy. You can guarantee he will miss games at this point. Gotta figure out what we have (if anything) with Ball. If he is not able to give us quality starts in a time-share at LT— then we almost have to draft a T in round 1.

We have 2-3 urgent needs along the OL— depending on what Ball can do. We revamped the D in one draft. Maybe we can sign a quality G or C in FA— but regardless— we would be wise to invest in the OL bc it is clear Dak can’t play well unless everything is pristine around him

fivetwos

Reaction score
Draft corners high and try to cover all day.

That should work.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Sign Jensen and draft Green and pray Smith stays health all year. OL fixed.

EST_1986

Reaction score
All we need to add to an inaccurate QB is an inaccurate center

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
C and LG are glaring weaknesses

And LT and RT aren't much better. Love Tyron, but even when he's been relatively healthy he's not been the Tyron of a few years ago.

But even talking about C and LG, you aren't likely to get a top player at both spots in the upcoming draft. So pick your poison. Either spot will benefit greatly from upgraded talent...