Face it, the Cowboys peaked in 2021

Irv88

Reaction score
We had lamb, amari cooper and healthy, preinjury gallup.

We had Dalton Schultz at TE.

4 legitimate targets in the pass game. Peak

We had Zeke and pollard to take pressure off the QB.

We have hall of fame linemen who were still productive.

1st in points during the season!!!

On defense, we have preinjury diggs and rookie parsons at his peak.

7th in defensive points during the season!!!

The team was stacked and lost to SF in the wild card round.

Now, Dallas has one target in the passing game in lamb, Tyrone is gone, etc.

Let’s be honest, teams barely get a 4 year window to succeed. We peaked and did not capitalize on the opportunity with the talent on the roster.

It is gonna be a long year.

Go Cowboys!

tomsanders921

Reaction score
They peaked in 2016 the second before Romo got injured. (As far as this group goes.)

I believe if Romo wasn’t injured that 2016 was the year they had the best chance to win it all. Just MHO.
Romo getting injured and Dak playing well turned out to be the worst thing that could have happened to this franchise.

Instead of getting a guy to sit under Romo for a year or two, Dak played well and in turn forced Romo to retire. Then Jerry thought he struck gold again by not having to spend a premium pick on a QB.

Fast forward 8 years and all we have to show for it is 2 wild card wins and a QB with the biggest contract in NFL history

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I mean i was thinking about the Sunday afternoon they walked into candlestick and took the belt from SF but if it was 2021 for you...ok

CWR

Reaction score
But our star QB is still here! Certainly he will fix everything! Now that he has his massive contract he will elevate the players around him to play better instead of just relying on them to be better than whoever we are playing.
There is one maybe two guys in the league who can do that. Both Mahomes and Allen also have excellent defenses and run games.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
some of you guys dont understand, its not about super bowls or standards, some fans like the rah rah at the pub with thier buddies team. Ok, so dont expect standards, most of our fans think we peak with crappy teams that get good records because they beat on crappy teams.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Let’s be honest, teams barely get a 4 year window to succeed. We peaked and did not capitalize on the opportunity with the talent on the roster.

Go Cowboys!
This team has flat lined for the past 28 years.
When you can't even get out of the divisional round of the playoffs, there ain't no peak nowhere.

jwitten82

Reaction score
I dont know about peaked, but I would say the window of opportunity for Dallas to have a legitimate chance at a Superbowl closed last season.

From 2016-2019, we had a young Dak on rookie contract, prime Zeke, 3 all pro lineman. Our defense was the weakness those seasons

From 2021-2023, I believe this we will look back on as Daks prime, while Zeke wasn't prime, the combo of him and Pollard gave us a pretty good running game. Still had two all pros on the line, the oline was still easily top 10. Dan Quinn gave us the most respectable defenses we've had in a while. We led the league in turnovers while he was here.

Now this year, how can anyone look at this team and say that it's anywhere close to competing for a Superbowl?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Post the Glory Days, I think the Cowboys peaked in 2014.
During the Dak Years, has there been a year better than 2016? I'm tired right now, so I can't remember a better year... That is not saying that Dak peaked in 2016, which is debatable. As for going forward, with the Salary Cap situation, I don't see Dak being surround with as much talent as he had before and I think he himself is not going to get better than what he was before.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

Go Cowboys!
This is how I see it with this current roster (or the core of it).

Those first 6 games in the 21 season was the peak. It was the best you'll ever get out of this roster. Then came the losses against Denver and KC and that was it. Ever since we lost to every major competitor, even during the regular season. We don't even have to talk about the play offs at this point anymore.

That was our window and they missed it. The moment they signed Dak to another long term contract it was made clear that we will go no where for exactly this amount of time. Best chances my arse lol.

And this is not about the last two losses. A season is never about two losses. But they could be 3-0 and be heading for another 12-5 season and I'd be saying the same thing. It's Dak, it's Jerry and it's the culture both of them have created. Or the latter has created and the former is so comfortable living in.

Plain and simple. All the other shortcomings of this roster and coaching team... they don't mean a thing. You need the right GM and always start with the right QB. Then o line and d line. If you can do some at the same time, good. But start with the QB. That's it.

I still believe in the o line though. They will gel. Find the right replacement for Martin in the next draft and you'll be set for years. But that's nothing without the right QB and a d line which can stop the run.

NotForLong

Reaction score
They peaked in 2016 the second before Romo got injured. (As far as this group goes.)

I believe if Romo wasn’t injured that 2016 was the year they had the best chance to win it all. Just MHO.
I 100% percent concur. And I also believe this is the reason Jerry is over compensating by paying Dak and bringing back Zeke. Deep down he knows he screwed the pooch by denying Romo the chance to compete for the job back

I believe it haunts him to this day