Facemask Penalties

Rudy

Reaction score
I'll probably get grilled for this, just as everyone does for every thread here, but here goes!!
These facemask calls have always been devastating to getting the defense off the field, but now this season more than ever, with the 5-yard incidental being eliminated. After the continuous facemasks that our defense is making - whether flagged or not - does anyone wonder if this is the result of a hit-free training camp?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Rudy;2264269 said:
I'll probably get grilled for this, just as everyone does for every thread here, but here goes!!
These facemask calls have always been devastating to getting the defense off the field, but now this season more than ever, with the 5-yard incidental being eliminated. After the continuous facemasks that our defense is making - whether flagged or not - does anyone wonder if this is the result of a hit-free training camp?

Not many teams run a contact TC to begin with.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Rudy;2264269 said:

it has nothing to do with a "hit free" training camp. Generally it is a result of being out of position or just sticking your hand out to try and make a play. The players have to be more disciplined when it comes to tackling and get in better position. The guys have been doing this sense they were 8 years old,, they know how to tackle. It is just careless technique not coaching.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
I have a feeling offensively, players are going to be lowering there face gaurd to bring this on. If your hand is in the vasinity, the refs are gonna call it.... easy 15yds!!

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Maybe Im over simplifying things, but I think it has to do w/ the team being huge. Besides Zach and Pac, the team is very large. So when you have a shorter guy like Westbrook zig zagging its really hard to get a textbook tacke on him, you end up reaching for the pads, and end up w/ some face mask

I didnt see any on Jamal Lewis....