Facts about Texas

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
FYI - One of the original Dr Pepper Bottling plants is still operational in Dublin, Tx. They still use the original recipe w/ pure cane sugar and it will cost you about 6.00 for a short 6 pk.

It has windows all the way around the street side of the building and you can watch them bottle the soda the old fashioned way.

Pretty cool if you are a Dr Pepper lover. It's worth the half hour drive for me to go get the real thing.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
FYI - One of the original Dr Pepper Bottling plants is still operational in Dublin, Tx. They still use the original recipe w/ pure cane sugar and it will cost you about 6.00 for a short 6 pk.

It has windows all the way around the street side of the building and you can watch them bottle the soda the old fashioned way.

Pretty cool if you are a Dr Pepper lover. It's worth the half hour drive for me to go get the real thing.

W/B Princess!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:

The fake Dp is bad enough :blech:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Another probably well known fact to Texans.....If you are on I35 traveling North between Austin and Dallas traffic will come to a complete stand still for no reason. :banghead:

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Another probably well known fact to Texans.....If you are on I35 traveling North between Austin and Dallas traffic will come to a complete stand still for no reason. :banghead:

OMG tell me about it. Not only I35 but also on I45...I don't know how many times I'd gotten stuck on 45 around the Palestine/Fairfield area and sat in one spot without moving for an hour or two. It would turn a 2 hr drive into a 4 hr drive. I'm glad I don't drive that stretch anymore.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
OMG tell me about it. Not only I35 but also on I45...I don't know how many times I'd gotten stuck on 45 around the Palestine/Fairfield area and sat in one spot without moving for an hour or two. It would turn a 2 hr drive into a 4 hr drive. I'm glad I don't drive that stretch anymore.
Once it clears up you expect to see a wreck or something but it's usually nothing. Thankfully I only have to put up with that once a year.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I have another question for you native Texans, esp those in the Austin area. What is the deal with all the adult video stores? There seems to be one on every corner in Austin.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I have another question for you native Texans, esp those in the Austin area. What is the deal with all the adult video stores? There seems to be one on every corner in Austin.

They started popping up everywhere when banned_in_austin moved there... :D