***FAKE****Info take from APRIL FOOLS DAY ARTICLE****Aaron Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.

marchetta

Reaction score
Just heard Norm do a radio tease about Donald telling teams don't pick him before pick 15. Not sure if there's anything to this story, if it's real, or if it was just a radio tease by Norm. Tune in to the show to find out. Story will be last story on today's show.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ok aaron, Houston have taken note, they wont pick you number 1.

marchetta

Reaction score
Radio Tease #2: "Aaron Donald telling NFL teams where he wants to play." - Norm (Story to come)

marchetta

Reaction score
Norm chuckled when he said this, so I'm not sure this is a REAL story and not just a tease.

marchetta

Reaction score
"Aaron Donald has now decided he should tell the league where he wants to play. In our mocks we thought Donald had moved up in the draft and would be taken by the Bears or Giants. Donald apparently has seen similar mocks. Donald said that he's seen the mocks that have the Bears taking him @ 14 and thinks that the Bears drafting him at 14 wouldn't be good. He thinks that the Steelers that pick at 15 would be a better fit. And, that if the Bears chose him at 14 he wouldn't be happy. He said he wouldn't sit out, if chosen by the Bears, but he would FORCE a trade. He said that if he's chosen BEFORE 15 he would not be happy." WOW!!! - Norm (paraphrasing)

It appears that he's adamant about not playing for the Bears. Not sure why. And, while he states he'd like to play for the Steelers, the fact that he said repeatedly that he doesn't want to be chosen BEFORE 15, and not that he wants to be chosen AT 15, shows he just doesn't want to play for the Bears and would happily play for us as well. Well, maybe he'll be there for us after all... if he makes it past the Steelers and Giants.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Would the Steelers take him? They had a 1st pick in Ziggy Hood that was really a 4-3 DT that failed, I think they are wary of doing it again.

marchetta

Reaction score
Hopefully, since the Giants pick @ 12, this excludes them as well. Wow, only the Steelers standing between us and Donald. I like it.

marchetta

Reaction score
Would the Steelers take him? They had a 1st pick in Ziggy Hood that was really a 4-3 DT that failed, I think they are wary of doing it again.

Hopefully, they'll be gun shy and keep it in the holster and allow him to drop into our laps. Fingers crossed.

marchetta

Reaction score
You sure?

I'm sure Norm thinks it real, or he wouldn't have talked about it on his show. Norm was quoting Donald. These weren't Norm's words. They were quotes Norm was reading from Donald himself.

marchetta

Reaction score
Force a trade if he's drafted by a certain trade? If this is real that has to be questions of where his head is. I know he's a Pittsburgh native and playing there would probably be a dream come true, but what happened to just being happy about playing in the nfl?

Just found this..... http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2014/4/1/5570360/chicago-bears-draft-aaron-donald-april-fools

Diva much?

The reporter of the article is "Art Vandelay" and it was published April 1st. Art Vandelay is a Seinfeld character. This story may just be a joke. Awaiting further clarification.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2014/4/1/5570360/chicago-bears-draft-aaron-donald-april-fools

Possible april fools joke?

In a recent interview with the Pennsylvania Gazette, defensive tackle prospect Aaron Donald opened up to Senior NFL Columnist Art Vandelay about his hopes for the upcoming NFL Draft.

There is some potentially bad news looming if the Chicago Bears decide to draft Aaron Donald at 14. Then again this article was published on April Fool's Day, so you never can tell...

"It's been a dream of mine to play professional football in the Black and Yellow. I'm a Pittsburgh kid at heart, and my heart belongs in Pittsburgh. I played high school ball in Pittsburgh, I played collegiate ball in Pittsburgh, and I should play at the next level in Pittsburgh too."

====

At that link they link the story to what they say is the Pittsburgh Gazette in the link but if you click the link it goes to an april fools day list of pranks.

Also searched the actual Pittsburgh Gazette site and it seems the last article they had on him was in February.

Another indicator that it is an april fools day joke is at the end of the article where it says it is a link to brief mention at yesterdays presser....that link actually goes to a youtube video of some april fools practical jokes.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Closing this thread as Norm has either went along with the April Fools day thing as a joke or read it and thought it is real.

It is clearly an April Fools day joke article.

Status
Not open for further replies.