Fallacy about road woes

Mannix

Reaction score
It's not too hard to figure out why the huge scoring disparity between home and away. It's very simple....we are VERY EASILY intimidated on the road against better teams....both by the crowd, and the other teams aggressiveness. We cower up...play slow as hell...and make asinine decisions....we are continually timid and a step slow....reactive vs proactive. This is our current AT&T winning streak....for the most part, a bunch of ding dongs. Corky's Regular Season record reminds me of Kirk Ferentz at Iowa....piles up victories against non-conference punks and the Big Ten West....I'm not fooled by either aforementioned conman, and Corky better be canned 5 minutes after Tampa Bay drills us a new one.

As promised....

Bengals
Commanders
Lions
Bears
Giants
Colts
Texans
Eagles
Jets
Patriots
Rams
Giants
Commanders
Seahawks
Eagles

ICP

Reaction score
Sounds like we can all start blaming Jerruh for the lack of road toughness.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I don't think you demonstrated a fallacy. The Cowboys are 7-0 at home, 3-4 on the road, and their best win was against 10-win Philadelphia...at home.

Mannix

Reaction score
I don't think you demonstrated a fallacy. The Cowboys are 7-0 at home, 3-4 on the road, and their best win was against 10-win Philadelphia...at home.
I was trying to convey the fallacy that some people think we should be carrying these blowouts onto the road with us, when you can see by the list the majority of the teams on our current home winning streak have been against cans of corn.

Polkton31

Reaction score
It's not too hard to figure out why the huge scoring disparity between home and away. It's very simple....we are VERY EASILY intimidated on the road against better teams....both by the crowd, and the other teams aggressiveness. We cower up...play slow as hell...and make asinine decisions....we are continually timid and a step slow....reactive vs proactive. This is our current AT&T winning streak....for the most part, a bunch of ding dongs. Corky's Regular Season record reminds me of Kirk Ferentz at Iowa....piles up victories against non-conference punks and the Big Ten West....I'm not fooled by either aforementioned conman, and Corky better be canned 5 minutes after Tampa Bay drills us a new one.

As promised....

Bengals
Commanders
Lions
Bears
Giants
Colts
Texans
Eagles
Jets
Patriots
Rams
Giants
Commanders
Seahawks
Eagles
You know what else is as promised... The fact that most people on this forum thought the Cowboys would end the season with a record somewhere between 10-7 and 12-5. Guess what, the Cowboys are right where the majority of us thought they would be, but somehow, the season is already over.
It's amazing how teams are crap when the Cowboys beat them, but play-off caliber when the Cowboys lose to them. If the Cowboys had beaten the Bills, the narrative would have been, "The Bills aren't that good. They're a 500 team." But, since the Cowboys lost to the Bills, the Bills are a legitimate contender and the Cowboys might as well forfeit the remainder of their games, clean out their lockers, and get ready for next season after they fire Dak, MM, and Quinn.
It's crazy to me how so many fans on this forum have such a defeatist attitude.

Praxit

Reaction score
..did you and your son want to punch Dak too?
I mean we have some heavy loaders already getting gritty. :p

speedkilz88

Reaction score
It starts with the coaches, they keep installing simple basic schemes on the road.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Dallas was intimidated and forced to commit some of the dumbest, low IQ penalties?

Mark

Reaction score
This is a conversation that needs to be had.

Like the weather, everybody talks about the Cowboys' lack of success on the road. And, as with the former, nobody does anything about it.

pasando

Reaction score
On The Road Woes:
On Offense: On the road the communication (QB presnap check in/out of plays) is more difficult due to crowd noise (when playing teams above .500). Offense struggles to get into a rhythm to start the game and just snowballs thereafter.
On Defense: Trying to overcompensate due to lack of size at LB/scheme when playing physical teams results in excessive penalties. They try to match the physicality of the opponent in their house which results in said excessive penalties.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
The bad road record is overstated. First, in the NFL, it is indeed hard to win on the road...that's why Homefield Advantage matters.

Plus, the Cowboys have played better teams on the road. I think the Bills and Niners would have beat the Cowboys in Dallas too.

It's not about their bad road record, it's how bad they look in general against better competition.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I love how lame "fans" pretend to know that players are "intimidated" or whatever lol.

They literally play the exact kind of risk averse football that everyone who was crying about INTs last year wanted them to play.

btgboys41

Reaction score
The bad road record is overstated. First, in the NFL, it is indeed hard to win on the road...that's why Homefield Advantage matters.

Plus, the Cowboys have played better teams on the road. I think the Bills and Niners would have beat the Cowboys in Dallas too.

It's not about their bad road record, it's how bad they look in general against better competition.
This is so true. Great post!
Road wins are inherently harder because you have to raise your intensity to match the home team and crowd. However, as you stated, it’s a competition issue and not a home/away issue. Arizona, SF and Buffalo beat the Cowboys up. They don’t have an issue with intensity when they play the Eagles which is why they did ok at there place.