Fan opinion: Allergic reaction or Suicide?

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Just wondering where folks stand on this at this point.

It's not a public poll, ya won't have to stick your neck out. :D

Pretty much, the TO publicist point of view:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=EFBA0DE1-E0E9-2C5D-8D81B6BFB56FE31F

The conspiracy point of view:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0927061owens1.html

This report has only been confirmed as a preliminary statement that was released prematurely, not the official statement, but it's what started the whole thing when it was released by WFAA TV.

Police will not deny or confirm that TO took 35 pills.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I voted reaction.

Not because I like the man, as I do not like him.

However I know just a few months ago my wife's grandfather was in the hospital.

He was moved from ICU to a regular room just for observation before they were going to release him in a couple of days.

He said he was having trouble sleeping so they gave him a run of the mill sleeping pill.

That pill made him believe he was on a military transport naval ship and that terrorists were going to kill everyone on board by mixing chemicals together at a specific time.

He believed he, being on the boat, was in a harbor at NYC and that after they killed people on the ship they were going to attack NYC.

He was so convinced of this I had to leave my house at 11-12 at night to go down there because he wanted me to either contact the capt of the ship or find a way to contact the CIA, FBI and NSA.

I have known this man for a few years and have NEVER known him to act in this manner.

So I have seen stuff like this first hand just from a simple pill that nobody knew would make him act that way.

I think something like this happened with TO and mixing the pain pills with something else.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
If it was a suicide attempt I dont think they would of released him from the hospital so quickly.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
Such a no brainer it's not even funny.

Pain medicine made him sick last week.

Made him sick again this week.

Shocker!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I could believe that is was an accidental over-dose. Some of those pain killers can really mess with your head. I just can't see someone like Owens doing himself in.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Where is the button that says: "Don't care one way or the other. Lets play football." ?

That's the one I would like to vote for.
:D

Hoov

Reaction score
i dont think either.

i think he took the pain meds, maybe took a little extra and possibly lost track of did he take the last does or not and took more. that or the meds reacted with something else he was using (who knows wht kind of supplements he takes).

i was taking darvocet and advil for neck and back pain 2 weeks ago, decided to mix in some flexoral that a friend had left over. so the 2nd day of this, i cant remember if i took the darvocet in the morning and lunch time or just in the am, its 1:30, so i took another darvocet. started to get kind of wacked a bit, drifting in and out. so i waited a while before taking any more and took a nap. But i do have some experience with altered states so i can handle things a lot better than many people would.

Anyway, i had a friend that was taking lithium, he was really anxious about some medical traetment he neede in the future, just mild surgery for his hand, but he works with his hands for his livelihood. so he figures he must have forget his lithium that morning cause he was so anxious, so he takes his normal dose. well he gets a little confused, later he cant remember when the last time he took his lithium was, so he takes some more. i get a phone call at night and he's really scared and asking for help, when i get to his house he is a mess, he cant think at all, he agrees to everything i or anyone else says. i tell him to go to the hospital and he says your right, i need to go to the hospital. then someone else grabs him and gets him to change his mind while im getting the car, i come back in and hes saying verbatem what they told him. then i say something else and he agrees 100% wuth me. so i tested him and told him something completely off the wall and he immediately agreed with me. if i told him to jump off the roof of his house, he would have. and it took me all night to convince his parents that he needed medical treatment. when he got to the hospital he was in really bad shape, was in for over a week. he almost neede kideny dialysis to remove the lithium, he was in the early stages of acute renal failure.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Hoov said:
i dont think either.

i think he took the pain meds, maybe took a little extra and possibly lost track of did he take the last does or not and took more. that or the meds reacted with something else he was using (who knows wht kind of supplements he takes).

i was taking darvocet and advil for neck and back pain 2 weeks ago, decided to mix in some flexoral that a friend had left over. so the 2nd day of this, i cant remember if i took the darvocet in the morning and lunch time or just in the am, its 1:30, so i took another darvocet. started to get kind of wacked a bit, drifting in and out. so i waited a while before taking any more and took a nap. But i do have some experience with altered states so i can handle things a lot better than many people would.

Anyway, i had a friend that was taking lithium, he was really anxious about some medical traetment he neede in the future, just mild surgery for his hand, but he works with his hands for his livelihood. so he figures he must have forget his lithium that morning cause he was so anxious, so he takes his normal dose. well he gets a little confused, later he cant remember when the last time he took his lithium was, so he takes some more. i get a phone call at night and he's really scared and asking for help, when i get to his house he is a mess, he cant think at all, he agrees to everything i or anyone else says. i tell him to go to the hospital and he says your right, i need to go to the hospital. then someone else grabs him and gets him to change his mind while im getting the car, i come back in and hes saying verbatem what they told him. then i say something else and he agrees 100% wuth me. so i tested him and told him something completely off the wall and he immediately agreed with me. if i told him to jump off the roof of his house, he would have. and it took me all night to convince his parents that he needed medical treatment. when he got to the hospital he was in really bad shape, was in for over a week. he almost neede kideny dialysis to remove the lithium, he was in the early stages of acute renal failure.

I wanted to put accidental overdose too, but his publicist has already stated that it was only an allergic reaction. The conspiracy theorist in me wants to open a new line of thought which is maybe that he accidentally overdosed, the Cowboys and publicist covered it up as an allergic reaction to prevent bad press, but didn't foresee the suicide blitz coming.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Tra_Col99 said:
TO loves himself some TO. Why would he kill that TO that he loves so much?

Yeah really... any person who goes around saying

"I Love me some ME"

does not try to kill himself....

royhitshard

Reaction score
You don't TRY to committ suicide...you either do it or you don't. If you don't succeed, then you are most likely looking for attention, or crying out for help. There are very simple ways to do it, if you really want to. I believe it was simply a reaction.

DBoys

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks this is a suicide needs to come back to reality.

Gordon

Reaction score
DBoys said:
Anyone who thinks this is a suicide needs to come back to reality.

Anyone that absolutely dismisses the possibility when they don't know 1/2 the facts is a blind homer..

I don't know what to think, so I abstain from voting.

DBoys

Reaction score
Gordon said:
Anyone that absolutely dismisses the possibility when they don't know 1/2 the facts is a blind homer..

I don't know what to think, so I abstain from voting.

True but would you kill yourself while your pastor is chilling with you?

Gordon

Reaction score
DBoys said:
True but would you kill yourself while your pastor is chilling with you?

Yeah, that's one of the things that's confusing the hell out of me.. I've heard points that had me convinced he did attempt suicide, and then I've heard pointz that have me convinced he didn't.

So at this point, I'm just taking the "wait and see" approach :cool:

DBoys

Reaction score
Gordon said:
Yeah, that's one of the things that's confusing the hell out of me.. I've heard points that had me convinced he did attempt suicide, and then I've heard pointz that have me convinced he didn't.

So at this point, I'm just taking the "wait and see" approach :cool:

It is the smart approach for sure.