Fan rings?

wrongway

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of eagles fans posting pics on Facebook of their Superbowl rings. I get the hat and t-shirt thing, been there done that. The ring comes off as lame as hell to me. I don't recall seeing them in the game. Maybe it's an old guy thing.

JustChip

Reaction score
I've seen a lot of eagles fans posting pics on Facebook of their Superbowl rings. I get the hat and t-shirt thing, been there done that. The ring comes off as lame as hell to me. I don't recall seeing them in the game. Maybe it's an old guy thing.
I'd probably have one as a nose ring if I'd waited for it as long as they had. When we beat the 49ers in '92 to go for the first time in 15 years, I shaved my head except for a patch on each side shaped like the Star (and had one side colored silver and the other blue).

wrongway

Reaction score
I'd probably have one as a nose ring if I'd waited for it as long as they had. When we beat the 49ers in '92 to go for the first time in 15 years, I shaved my head except for a patch on each side shaped like the Star (and had one side colored silver and the other blue).
I get the shaving, painting etc. The ring is, to me, much more symbolic of on the field achievement. Not a big deal, just my deal.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t understand the ring obsession by people who had nothing to do with it.
What’s worse than “fan rings”? How about those “championship rings” for 6 year olds who won their T-ball league? The kids couldn’t care less about a ring- it’s the parents that drive that. I have a 6 year old grandson who would rather have snow cone than a “ring”, lol.

landroverking

Reaction score
The Astros have fan nights when they give replica rings.
Astros first ever World Series win.
Maybe that’s the sheagles mind set too.

CPanther95

Reaction score
I remember a bunch of Cowboys fans in the Compuserve chat rooms saying that they were showing a Polaroid around of themselves wearing replica rings, but have no way to guage how prevalent that was. ;)