Fans from Houston

Eric4086

Reaction score
Any fans from houston here i'm trying to get a group together to watch the games this year ????

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
There are quite a few from H-town.

AdButcher
Duane
WoodysGirl
Doomsday101
HtownCowboysFan

I am quite sure I am missing some too.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
I am in the Galveston mainland area and can't even find the Cowboys on the radio down here.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasGirl50;1586451 said:
I am in the Galveston mainland area and can't even find the Cowboys on the radio down here.
Try FM 97.5. I read on the DMN that it should be available from that station. Haven't tried it yet, because I got the majority of the 'boys games on T.V. last year w/few problems or I listened to it online.

Here's the link to where you can listen to the 'boys on the radio.
http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/cowboys/radio.html

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
Thanks so much! I figured since the Texans were in Houston there was some sort of "blackout" rule regarding the Cowboys that even extended to the radio. I appreciate the info!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
DallasGirl50;1586451 said:
:welcome: to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DallasGirl50;1586516 said:
Thanks so much! I figured since the Texans were in Houston there was some sort of "blackout" rule regarding the Cowboys that even extended to the radio. I appreciate the info!
There used to be a blackout of sorts. From what I understand, it was an unwritten agreement between McNair and Jerry when the Texans first set up shop that Jerry would take the 'boys off the air in the Houston area. I guess with the suckiness that's been the Texans, it's since changed.

When the 'boys play this weekend, try it out. I will too, to make sure.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
I don't even try to discuss the Cowboys anymore here...unless it's to a fellow Cowboy fan. The Texans fans for the most part hate the Cowboys and that extends all the way down to Jerry and so to avoid conflict I just avoid the subject.

Actually from all I've ever heard Jerry was all for the people in Houston getting the Texans. Better for the league and all that to have a team there.

I missed a ton of games last year though simply because I could not get them on the radio. There was a station in Galveston that did broadcast the games but that was Oilers days.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
If the Texans are at HOME, then there are no other NFL games on TV at that time...unless you have the NFL ticket. With the Texans sucking and playing every damn game at noon for the most part, I bet there's few time conflicts this year. The Cowboys should be on TV in the Houston area for most of their games. I didn't know that 97.5 picked 'me up.

Whether Houston fans like to admit it or not, there is a HUGE Cowboys fanbase in Houston. And outside of the greater Houston area, it's all Cowboys. I grew up in the Beaumont/Port Arthur area -- 90 miles from Houston -- and it was all Cowboys...and STILL is.

I've said this for years: Houston Fan hates the Cowboys MORE than he loves his on damn team. LOL!

Little Jr

Reaction score
DallasGirl50;1586531 said:
I don't even try to discuss the Cowboys anymore here...unless it's to a fellow Cowboy fan. The Texans fans for the most part hate the Cowboys and that extends all the way down to Jerry and so to avoid conflict I just avoid the subject.

Actually from all I've ever heard Jerry was all for the people in Houston getting the Texans. Better for the league and all that to have a team there.

I missed a ton of games last year though simply because I could not get them on the radio. There was a station in Galveston that did broadcast the games but that was Oilers days.

Since the Texans have been in the NFL there have been 3 to 4 Cowboy games a year not televised in the Houston area. Like Htown said the only time the Cowboys are not on is when they are playing at the same time and the Texans are at home.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
I am 50 and my parents raised me on the Cowboys and no other team. At that time the Oilers were in Houston but they were always Cowboys fans so I grew up with them. And I've never changed! I don't dislike the Texans. I'm just indifferent to them for the most part.

Eric4086

Reaction score
well is coo there some of yall up in here. All of yall are invited to my house for all my cowboys party in my new cowboys room we did over the past year.

calico

Reaction score
i am an htown cowboys fan now. i moved here last year and have to suffer all these damn texan fans.

It was not that bad last year...i only remember one game that i did not see at that was the Titans game.

DallasGirl50

Reaction score
I tried to catch the Cowboys/Broncos game on the radio Saturday night and it was nowhere to be found....so apparently there is some sort of "ban" on the Cowboys down here. I tried AM and FM both.

Strange too. The Texans game was long over. It would not have affected them to put the Cowboys on local Houston radio.

Eric4086

Reaction score
ok were not getting the game here tomorrow..Where's wverybodyu going to watch it???????

Duane

Reaction score
I bought Sunday Ticket six years ago and haven't been without it since. If you have the means it's worth every penny.