Fascinating stories...

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Forgive me but this probably belongs in the NFL Zone, but I felt that it was worth posting here even if it doesn't have much to do with the cowboys.

Its a story about the personal safety of NFL players. It starts out with Clinton Portis' story (Sean Taylor related), and then goes into Ben Roethlisberger, Kevin Mawae, and Dunta Robinson.

Make sure you click on "next page" at the bottom of each story.

The Dunta Robinson story is real scary. I can't imagine what he was thinking when he was held up in his own home with his two little children there.

Fascinating read.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3711336

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Yeah, I thought so too. Doesn't look like too many people were overly interested in it though. I thought it was a great in depth look at what these guys go through.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2430853 said:
Yeah, I thought so too. Doesn't look like too many people were overly interested in it though. I thought it was a great in depth look at what these guys go through.
Some people can't read past 1 paragraph without losing interest.

Primetime42

Reaction score
Scary stuff.

Big reason why I never held it against Tank Johnson. He just should have been smarter how he went about it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Primetime42;2430868 said:
Scary stuff.

Big reason why I never held it against Tank Johnson. He just should have been smarter how he went about it.
I agree with this.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
sensationalistic journalism at it's best here. boo hoo these guys can can afford security. ben should be scared of his own stupidity crashing that motorcycle - without helmet - that he couldn't even drive.

i'm a little more concerned about non-pro-athletes living in much worse parts of town, not riding around in $100k cars and the like.

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
very good read...its gotta suck to work yourself into that position
and then not being able to relax and enjoy it.
sure those guys have a great life but it aint all a bowl of cherries.

ladiewolve

Reaction score
poke;2430898 said:
very good read...its gotta suck to work yourself into that position
and then not being able to relax and enjoy it.
sure those guys have a great life but it aint all a bowl of cherries.

I agree. It's a Shame they have to feel that way.