Fast-forward to the wildcard game... Bears or Vikings?

Nav22

Reaction score
Who do we want to face? I'm a bit torn here.

I'm assuming that the Falcons will beat the Rams at home next Sunday. That would lock up the 5th seed for Atlanta.

(Unless if for some reason Atlanta fears the Cardinals and purposely lay an egg... but I'll save the conspiracy stuff for another thread :) )

And of course, I'm also assuming we beat the Eagles next Sunday... for the purposes of this thread only.

Save the "let's worry about the Eagles first!" posts. I'm a fan. This thread doesn't affect the team.

I believe that if Chicago loses to Green Bay tomorrow, the Vikings lock up their division and the 3rd seed.

Pretend it's up to you. Your choice, Chicago or Minnesota. Who do you want the Cowboys to visit?

grp05

Reaction score
Can't we still end up as the 5th seed if Atlanta loses next week?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
We'll beat either one of them. There is no doubt in my mind that if we make it in, we're going to win our first playoff game. I'm not sure past that, but the drought will be over.

If I had to choose between the two teams though, I'd choose to face the Vikings. We've been doing pretty well against the run (save for the two long runs to end last night). I'm not worried in the least that Jackson can do a damn thing against our defense.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Nav22;2517296 said:
Who do we want to face? I'm a bit torn here.

I'm assuming that the Falcons will beat the Rams at home next Sunday. That would lock up the 5th seed for Atlanta.

(Unless if for some reason Atlanta fears the Cardinals and purposely lay an egg... but I'll save the conspiracy stuff for another thread :) )

And of course, I'm also assuming we beat the Eagles next Sunday... for the purposes of this thread only.

Save the "let's worry about the Eagles first!" posts. I'm a fan. This thread doesn't affect the team.

I believe that if Chicago loses to Green Bay tomorrow, the Vikings lock up their division and the 3rd seed.

Pretend it's up to you. Your choice, Chicago or Minnesota. Who do you want the Cowboys to visit?

I would choose the Vikings because they play in a dome. I've seen the Garrett offense in the wind and snow, and wasn't overly enamored of the results.;)

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but are the Vikings' Williamses playing? Will they be suspended for the first round of the playoffs?

Even without knowing that, I think I'd answer Minnesota. It's my belief that the turf and dome plays more favorably to us than a blistering cold, potentially snowy day in Chicago would.

I think the two teams are comparable enough in terms of talent that I don't really fear one or the other. Both have marginal quarterbacks, good running games and solid defenses, but don't really scare you in any one category.

No, check that. I'm pretty sure Hester could set a single-game return record against this special teams. So, yes, Minnesota without a doubt.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Ozzu;2517301 said:
We'll beat either one of them. There is no doubt in my mind that if we make it in, we're going to win our first playoff game. I'm not sure past that, but the drought will be over.

If I had to choose between the two teams though, I'd choose to face the Vikings. We've been doing pretty well against the run (save for the two long runs to end last night). I'm not worried in the least that Jackson can do a damn thing against our defense.

I sure as hell hope Romo could outplay the notorious big-game performers that are Gus Frerotte, Travaris Jackson and/or Kyle Orton. :laugh1:

..... :eek:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Fast forward?

Good god. Im not even going to get my hopes up with this team.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Vikings. Simply for the fact that it is in a dome, and Jackson doesn't scare me one bit.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
personally i'd love chicago. its probably cuz i live here and i hate em. but if i want the boyz to advance id' probably then go with minny. i bet this bears d would be like baltimore 2.0 or sumthing.

but....lets get the eagles first!.

grp05

Reaction score
This is a no-brainer. Minnesota because of the dome. With the way Romo's accuracy has been lately, I don't think he can handle wind or cold.

Forgive my ignorance, but is it possible at all that a dome can be affected by the outside temperature? Like if it's brutally cold outside, can it be difficult to regulate the inside temperature, or is it basically always comfortable?

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
grp05;2517357 said:
This is a no-brainer. Minnesota because of the dome.

Forgive my ignorance, but is it possible at all that a dome can be affected by the outside temperature? Like if it's brutally cold outside, can it be difficult to regulate the inside temperature, or is it basically always comfortable?

As far as I know, it's always the same temperature.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I wish we would get Minny then Carolina....just to avoid the weather and magnitude of playing New York until the NFC championship game. But if we beat Philly and our offense shows up. And then we win a playoff game and our offense shows up. It would energize this team. This team KNOWS our offense is struggling. And since we are NOT used to this....it has sapped our eneregy and doubt has crept in. We are not the Ravens or Steelers....teams that KNOW the offense will not show up...so they are used to going into game KNOWING that defense must win it. I think ALL OF US are waiting on the offense. Which is why the defense collapsed against Pitt and Baltimore....they are not USED to holding it down for 60 mins.

Daudr

Reaction score
With this team you never know. It all depends on if they wake up and their panties are nicely pressed or wrinkled - if they are wrinkled, we're in for a long day.

alancdc

Reaction score
RainMan;2517306 said:
Pardon my ignorance, but are the Vikings' Williamses playing? Will they be suspended for the first round of the playoffs?

Even without knowing that, I think I'd answer Minnesota. It's my belief that the turf and dome plays more favorably to us than a blistering cold, potentially snowy day in Chicago would.

I think the two teams are comparable enough in terms of talent that I don't really fear one or the other. Both have marginal quarterbacks, good running games and solid defenses, but don't really scare you in any one category.

No, check that. I'm pretty sure Hester could set a single-game return record against this special teams. So, yes, Minnesota without a doubt.

One of them is hurt, and out a few weeks.

alancdc

Reaction score
bbailey423;2517370 said:
I wish we would get Minny then Carolina....just to avoid the weather and magnitude of playing New York until the NFC championship game. But if we beat Philly and our offense shows up. And then we win a playoff game and our offense shows up. It would energize this team. This team KNOWS our offense is struggling. And since we are NOT used to this....it has sapped our eneregy and doubt has crept in. We are not the Ravens or Steelers....teams that KNOW the offense will not show up...so they are used to going into game KNOWING that defense must win it. I think ALL OF US are waiting on the offense. Which is why the defense collapsed against Pitt and Baltimore....they are not USED to holding it down for 60 mins.

Being in Charlotte, and being at the 2 previous losses to the Panthers I simply can't take another loss to them.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
Chicago. No way I want to face AP!

And after seeing what the Ravens did to us on the ground I don't see how any one else could want our lackluster, mail it in defense, to face a running back like that, anytime of the year let alone in the playoffs. He will slash, dash and kill us 50 ways to 1- then may even do an encore just for kicks.

I tell ya what, if I'm AP, I pray for the Dallas Cowboys' Defense to come to town. I want to play no other.

This season, we've made our own bed. If we go anywhere, it's straight through hell. Might as well start in a frozen part.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I think the Vikings are the better team, maybe by a long shot, but I'm not sure I'd want to play in Chicago in January. So, team-wise I'd rather play the Bears, but with the Vikings we at least get to play in the warm confines of a dome. We're going to have to win by throwing the ball since that's all Garrett seems to want to do, so I'd actually have to take the Vikings inside.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
Assuming we can make the playoffs.

Vikings, so we can play indoors in decent conditions. AD will probably run wild on us, but at least we can focus on game and not weather.