Twitter: Field position for all 49 Cowboy possessions through 4 games

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I'm guessing this would correlate with our D forcing very few 3 and outs.
That is the problem. The turnovers come when you have a lead but I can’t remember any 3 and outs. The offense gets totally out of rhythm when that happens.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I get the sense this is Kellen Moore’s doing.

Aven8

Reaction score
And people wonder why Pollard brings the ball our every time........that’s why. To gain field position

Creeper

Reaction score
No take-ways. I posted this past week, the Cowboys are 27th in offensive efficiency which is a measurement of how many yards they gain to score points. At the same time, the defense is 27th in how many yards the opponents offense has to gain to score points. This translates into 1-3. Credit Bill Parcels for this logic, but it seems to work.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
And people wonder why Pollard brings the ball our every time........that’s why. To gain field position

Well he is part of the bad field position problem. His returns have been trash. They have hurt more then they have helped.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I have the solution!!!
Replace Dak! His punts and punt coverage is sub-par! He has not caught an interception or forced a fumble- ever! He has not made one tackle this year! His defensive scheme is crap! Why are we holding on to this guy????

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I swear being a fan of this team is being in a severe abusive relationship. What benefit do we get out of suffering like this every year? What’s the benefit of looking at all these abysmal, horrendous, borderline and embarrassingly impossible stats? Of being the laughing stock of the NFL? An occasional 10-6 year with a divisional round loss :facepalm:?

khiladi

Reaction score
We are also third for third in number of drives in the league, meaning our offense gets more chances.

Those TOs also affect the numbers of opposing defenses who start closer, because Dak throws it directly at a DB in Dallas territory.

It also doesn’t stop Dallas from having the “number 1 ranked passing attack” in yardage and getting points in the fourth quarter, where the starting FP is pretty on par as every other drive.

And if you look at it, we are way more inefficient when our starting FP is better, meaning above thirty...

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Come on gang. How is Dak supposed to break the all time passing yards record unless we are dead last in starting field position.