Video: Film break down of how much Dak has improved reading defenses and overall QB play

Jenky

Reaction score
Should Dak Prescott Be the NFL MVP?
Film break down of how much Dak has improved reading defenses and overall QB play.

Mvp? No. That will go to Wilson or Jackson. But he does deserved to get paid. He has definitely improved.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Why shouldn't Dak win MVP? Because of 1 bad passing decision that went incomplete? Come on, that's a bunch of BS. The video commentator did great creating the video, but he screwed up with his ultimate opinion on Dak not deserving to be MVP. Show me where Wilson or Jackson have not made poor decisions this season with some of their throws. I bet there are some. The video commentator's bias is showing. Badly. Too bad because the video for the most part was pretty good until his MVP bias got in the way at the end.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Dak’s mechanics have improved and his ability to execute the offense and effectively read defenses have improved.

He bet on himself this year and he is going to get PAID in the offseason. Dude has played out his contract situation to near perfection. If he somehow pulls off the upset against the GOAT tmrw— JJ might just pull out the checkbook on the plane on the way home and give him 40 mil per lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why shouldn't Dak win MVP? Because of 1 bad passing decision that went incomplete? Come on, that's a bunch of BS. The video commentator did great creating the video, but he screwed up with his ultimate opinion on Dak not deserving to be MVP. Show me where Wilson or Jackson have not made poor decisions this season with some of their throws. I bet there are some. The video commentator's bias is showing. Badly. Too bad because the video for the most part was pretty good until his MVP bias got in the way at the end.
That was only an example of a bad decision. He's made several and gotten lucky, like the one last week that went between Slay's hands. (again, just one example)

And the video commentator seemed pretty damned impressed with Dak, certainly not biased against him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That was only an example of a bad decision. He's made several and gotten lucky, like the one last week that went between Slay's hands. (again, just one example)

And the video commentator seemed pretty damned impressed with Dak, certainly not biased against him.
Went through Slay's hands? You mean the sideline throw that went just OVER Slay's hands and into Amari's outreached hands?

2:01 mark

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Went through Slay's hands? You mean the sideline throw that went just OVER Slay's hands and into Amari's outreached hands?
Looked like it went right through to me. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Amari's hands were close enough behind Slay's that if it was over Slay's I think it would've been over Coop's too.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Looked like it went right through to me. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. Amari's hands were close enough behind Slay's that if it was over Slay's I think it would've been over Coop's too.
I just post edited my previous comment, so here is the tape.

If anything, the ball could have been tipped by Slay's left hand's fingers but went slightly over his right hand. Regardless, only Amari could have made that catch, which he did. That type of throw is what is praised when it's thrown by either Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady or Russell Wilson. Too bad it is critiqued if it's thrown by Dak.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just post edited my previous comment, so here is the tape.

If anything, the ball could have been tipped by Slay's left hand's fingers but went slightly over his right hand. Regardless, only Amari could have made that catch, which he did. That type of throw is what is praised when it's thrown by either Aaron Rogers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady or Russell Wilson. Too bad it is critiqued if it's thrown by Dak.

Sorry, it still looks like it went through his fingertips to me. Unfortunately, the last shot of it, which looked like it probably would've been the best one, gets cut off at the top of my screen by the black bar at the top.

I'm not criticizing Dak, BTW. All QBs make questionable throws and get away with them. Dak has been excellent this year, but he's not perfect, just like everyone else.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Sorry, it still looks like it went through his fingertips to me. Unfortunately, the last shot of it, which looked like it probably would've been the best one, gets cut off at the top of my screen by the black bar at the top.

I'm not criticizing Dak, BTW. All QBs make questionable throws and get away with them. Dak has been excellent this year, but he's not perfect, just like everyone else.
Of course, but like you said, all QBs make questionable throws and get away with them. So why is that used against Dak to mean because of it he is not MVP worthy? He either leads in most passer categories, this year, or he's in the top 5.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Of course, but like you said, all QBs make questionable throws and get away with them. So why is that used against Dak to mean because of it he is not MVP worthy? He either leads in most passer categories, this year, or he's in the top 5.
I was just saying it was more than the "one" incident. I'm not saying I agree with his assessment. But even he isn't saying Dak isn't worthy, just that the others may be more worthy. I don't know if he's right or not, since I honestly don't watch every play the other QBs make, as I do with Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Should Dak Prescott Be the NFL MVP?
Film break down of how much Dak has improved reading defenses and overall QB play.

We were told hat Dak was backup material. We were told that Dak sucks. We were told that you are either accurate or you arent. We were told that Dak couldnt throw the deep ball. We were told that Dak couldnt get better.

Has anyone read ONE hater admit they were wrong?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

LOL..........he is not perfect?

Thanks for that one.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

He should definitely be in the conversation. Coaching is the reason.

We should have beaten the Jets and Vikings. This team should be 8-2 right now with competent coaching. 9-1 with great coaching.

Zman5

Reaction score
We were told hat Dak was backup material. We were told that Dak sucks. We were told that you are either accurate or you arent. We were told that Dak couldnt throw the deep ball. We were told that Dak couldnt get better.

Has anyone read ONE hater admit they were wrong?

@Risen Star did. Sorta.