Video: Film Break down of Taco's Sack vs Bengals

Blackthorn

Reaction score

Watch Taco Charlton of the Dallas Cowboys win the leverage battle against Cedric Ogbueh of the Cincinnati Bengals. Taco never quits driving his feet when he engages with the RT while keeping his focus on technique and power. What impresses me the most is that Taco is able to clear his arm from the holding RT and reach to the QB to make the sack.
Taco is much improved since last season when he would get washed out by most tackles when they were engaged. I can tell that Taco has been working to improve his craft. Both his upper-body and lower-body have more strength and he also appears more flexible.

glimmerman

Reaction score
This kid maybe a reason we don’t pay D-Law. He could have a monster year. Or we pay D-Law and have bookend QB eating DEs.

Blackthorn

Reaction score
This kid maybe a reason we don’t pay D-Law. He could have a monster year. Or we pay D-Law and have bookend QB eating DEs.
I think that Dallas will pay Lawrence. The Rotation at DE is looking impressive with Lawrence, Taco, and even Crawford. Gregory looked great in the game and I hope that these four players can create a pass rush rotation that is fierce. When one player steps out for a breather I want the next man to step and keep the pressure relentless.

reddyuta

Reaction score
If Taco can show that he can be a 10 sack guy then there is no point paying Dlaw as they both play LDE.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Watch Taco Charlton of the Dallas Cowboys win the leverage battle against Cedric Ogbueh of the Cincinnati Bengals. Taco never quits driving his feet when he engages with the RT while keeping his focus on technique and power. What impresses me the most is that Taco is able to clear his arm from the holding RT and reach to the QB to make the sack.
Taco is much improved since last season when he would get washed out by most tackles when they were engaged. I can tell that Taco has been working to improve his craft. Both his upper-body and lower-body have more strength and he also appears more flexible.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Taco can show that he can be a 10 sack guy then there is no point paying Dlaw as they both play LDE.
Taco should be able to play both sides of the DL. To me he projects best as a 7 gap RDE in the vein of Hardy and JPP

AtlCPA

Reaction score
Both players can play both positions. Both players are also good pass rushers who also play well against the run. This defense could be really good this season!

Reactions: CWR

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

No. You pay DLaw cause having 2 studs is better than 1. If DLaw is healthy and gets double digits sacks, he stays a cowboy. There is noway Jerry let's one of the leagues best passrushers walk.