Video: Film Study: Analyzing the Cowboys Offensive Line vs Bengals

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I posted something about the offensive line after the Bucs game. I was pretty harsh on Steele. I was wrong, it seems, because this video shows attributes he possesses which may indicate he will be a real player for Dallas.

Other points about the Scout's video clips reveals the development of rushing plays. I continue to see the great unwashed on this board make comments about Pollard, as if his role is the same as Zeke. Just watching Zeke run between the tackles, and the traffic Elliot encounters, while Pollard is getting to the outside on plays designed to block for him to get to the sidelines should educate those believing these guys play the same position.

Zeke is a grinder. Pollard is the burst of speed playing in space. They both carry the ball. But their roles are vastly different. Put Pollard in at the beginning for the game before Zeke busts the defensive front seven in the mouth, and those lanes outside will be played differently.

This analysis indicates both players are working in tandem to move the sticks.

ChrisL97

Reaction score
I enjoy your film breakdowns. Would love for you to break down Cooper Rush vs Dak. I just see Rush throwing guys open more. Dak just doesn't anticipate as well to me. I could be totally wrong, but that's just what I'm seeing.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I enjoy your film breakdowns. Would love for you to break down Cooper Rush vs Dak. I just see Rush throwing guys open more. Dak just doesn't anticipate as well to me. I could be totally wrong, but that's just what I'm seeing.
Like Cooper Rush throwing Noah Brown open during this pass play?

ChrisL97

Reaction score
Like Cooper Rush throwing Noah Brown open during this pass play?

First off, the pass was complete. Second off, he threw the ball between two linebackers. If he leads Brown here, it gets tipped by the backer to right of Brown.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
First off, the pass was complete. Second off, he threw the ball between two linebackers. If he leads Brown here, it gets tipped by the backer to right of Brown.
Had Dak made that exact throw under the same circumstances, you and more than half this board would be bashing him for not throwing it a second sooner and how it caused Noah Brown to catch that ball behind him and against his momentum.