Final 53 man roster prediction

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
QB: Dak Pescott, Kellen Moore, Cooper Rush
If it were up to me, I'd just go with Dak and Rush, but I think the team keeps Moore for at least a few weeks. Maybe Moore goes to make room for Damontre Moore or David Irving in a few weeks.
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Darren McFadden, Alfred Morris, Rod Smith
Ideally, if Elliott didn't have a suspension looming, I'd deal Morris and keep Rod Smith, but I don't think that's the best decision with Elliott likely to miss some games. I do think his suspension gets reduced *and* he gets granted a stay while the courts settle this, so I am including him in the 53. However, I do keep Rod on the team and choose to go light else where.
FB: Keith Smith
Not much to say here, he’s the best blocker and is good on special teams.
WR: Dez Bryant, Brice Butler, Noah Brown
I think Brown has real long term upside, I'm not sure how good he'll be, but I'll be happy to see him stay.
WR: Terrence Williams, Cole Beasley, Ryan Switzer
Really want to see Switzer given a chance to return punts and kickoffs.
TE: Jason Witten, James Hanna, Geoff Swaim, Rico Gathers
Really disappointed that Gathers didn't get more snaps in the preseason, but I do think he'll be a starting TE in this league.
LT: Tyron Smith, Emmett Cleary
Cleary played well when called upon, but I am a little worried about Tyron's back.
LG: Jonathan Cooper
Keeping Moore, Rush and Brown means we have to go light some where else. Bell seems like the most expendable, so I say him.
C: Travis Frederick, Joe Looney
RG: Zack Martin

I'll just say I don't like going 8 deep on the OL as opposed to 9, but again, this is the price of keeping Kellen Moore...
RT: La’el Collins, Chaz Green
I think Green settles in here as the swing tackle, maybe they keep him at guard, based on Cooper failing, however I doubt he stays healthy

RDE: Demarcus Lawrence, Benson Mayowa, Charles Tapper

This is really a make or break season for Lawrence, I can easily see him buried on the depth chart if Mayowa outplays him this year again and Tapper begins to flash.
DT: Maliek Collins, Lewis Neal
Another guy I'm projecting to make the roster, if only for two weeks. I can't see us carrying only 8 DEs for week 1 & 2, so I think Ivie as well as Neal and a few others will get every opportunity to make the team, if only for a short time. I think Neal likely goes to make room for Damontre Moore. Neal could be signed if a team suffers a rash of injuries, but hopefully we can stash him on the PS.
DT: Stephen Paea, Cederick Thorton
I like Paea more than Thorton. According to writers he's had the better camp and he seemed to stand out a bit more in the preseason.
LDE: Tyrone Crawford, Taco Charlton
I like Crawford more at DT, maybe once Irving comes back and is in game shape, he'll move back to LDE and compete with Taco. I just don't think Crawford gives the team much at this spot.
WLB: Sean Lee, Anthony Hitchens
After cuts, I think Hitchens gets short termed IR'd and we likely re-sign Mark Nzeocha
MLB: Jaylon Smith, Justin Durant
Really excited to see the caution tape taken off Jaylon
SLB: Damien Wilson, Kyle Wilber
People don't like Wilber, but he's one of the better special teams players on the team. Does nothing for the defense, but people as usual ignore special teams.
CB: Orlando Scandrick, Anthony Brown
I want to keep White, but I think the team keeps Rod Smith instead due to the uncertainty surround Zeke. White, may or not be claimed, but I think there are a number of CBs we could bring in of comparable skill if the need arises.
CB: Nolan Carol, Chidobe Awuzie, Jourdan Lewis
Nolan is the starter for now, but I doubt he is a few weeks into the season. He has a lot of younger players to hold off.
FS: Byron Jones, Xavier Woods
I'm really excited for Xavier Woods, but I think he has a minimal impact at best this season.
SS: Jeff Heath, Kavon Frazier
Frazier may be a real find and that's not a good sign for Blanton.

K: Dan Bailey
P: Chris Jones
LS: L.P. Ladocueur