Final Draft Mock 4/19 - go strong

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
I'd like it better if a trade down for that first pick happened, and pick up a 4th.

#174 is a 5th I think.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
I guess most experts and scouts are drinking what I’m drinking because he’s viewed as a second round prospect.
Kingsley is solidly in the 1st round according to "experts" and don't be surprised when JPJ is not. People calling for center makes sense on the surface as a need but are you moving the needle with that draft choice? Simply no. They are not appreciable better than what you have. Better to wait and sign Conner Williams on a one year deal as a FA. Draft a center that is a round 1 talent without baggage in the future.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Chris Jones is the premier 3T pass rushing DT in the nfl right now, that's why the chiefs re-signed him. Pennel on the other hand is a 32 year old journeyman DT. Nnadi is actually the Chiefs 1T run stopper.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
Chris Jones is the premier 3T pass rushing DT in the nfl right now, that's why the chiefs re-signed him. Pennel on the other hand is a 32 year old journeyman DT. Nnadi is actually the Chiefs 1T run stopper.
Right. So they have three. Jones plays D3 and D1. He is exceptional and earned the money. What round was Jones picked in? 2nd. Pennel and Derrick Nandi are run stuffers. Watch the playoffs and acknowledge how important the three are in shutting down the run game of the Buffalo and ravens.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I like the draft, trenches first. The OT from BYU is linked heavily to the Cowboys, and Sweat is huge need. Estime is one of the best inside runners in the draft with his vision, foot work, and power.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I have said many times that i love Brian thomas.if wet stuck at 24 and he is the BPA then we should consider it especially if the top OTs are not there and Barton is also gone.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Using profootball network and drafttek for availability I focused on more toughness and power for the playoffs.

1 -#24 - Kingsley Suamatai - 6'5 326 OT -Tyler Smith moves to LT and this former 5-star recruit with position flex plays LG now as a plus starter. In the future,
he could be RT or LT if needed. I'm convinced he is less bust-worthy than Guyton or Morgan and has the highest ceiling with pro-bowl type talent.

**WR Brian Thomas Jr. 6'3 210 4.33 - if this guy falls to #24, I take him because he will be a superstar and a perfect WR2. It's like Lamb falling in your lap. I'm sure that the Bills will trade up and grab him in any case so I'm not entertaining what Drafttek says is possible here.

2-#56 - TVondre Sweat - 6'4 365 DT - Double down. I'm convinced that you need two run stuffers to make this team playoff-advancing. There is a reason the Chiefs signed Chris Jones while having a starting caliber DT in Pennel. They rotate but are both are in on obvious run-downs. Sweat and Mazi under Zimmer will work well to stop the run Dane said Sweat parties and then Sweat got pulled over for a DWI - I say it's all a scheme to get him to this 2nd round pick for Dallas.

3-#87- Audric Estime - 5'11 225 RB pro day- 4.58. Dallas needs someone that can pound the rock in the playoffs and at times in the season get 25 attempts to wear a defense down and protect Dak. This guy has great zone vision and cutback ability. Most importantly he is young and never been injured. Can't say that for Brooks and Benson. Inside the 5-yard line and short yardage just got less complicated.

4-#174- Giovanni Manu - 6'7 352 35 1/2 arm length 4.96 40 OT- Canadian project. He may not start this year but I believe he would make an outstanding RG when Zack Martin hangs them up (rumored to be after this year) or gets injured during the season. . Does Edoga have some incriminating pictures of the Jones to get signed as a swing tackle? I have no doubt. Manu should be better than Edoga at the end of training camp as a swing tackle. Manu can play RT and Dallas continues a youth cost effective movement for the OL to free up cap-space. He is worth a 4th rounder to find out what talent he has.

6-# 216 Tip Reiman - 6'4 271 TE - great crushing blocking TE with upside in the passing game on leaks and knack for zone.

7-# 233 Jordan Magee - 6'1 225 LB - looks and plays like a nickel LB and can provide depth. Play STs.

7-#244 Matt Lee 6'3 301 OC- plays with great technique. Provides competition and depth at center.
I like your mock. Why everyone believes we must overdraft a center early is crazy. Matt Lee might be a sneaky steal. I also believe this, based on the chatter coming out of Frisco, the club really believes Brock Hoffman can start and play well. Most NFL teams dont stack the oline with premium high round picks. They usually find those guys much later. The only pick I dont like is Tightend. I think we are stacked there. Your first pick makes great sense as this draft isnt flush with true starters at LT that have played there long term in college. He or Morgan are the only 2 dudes that I feel great about in rd 1, coming in here and starting day 1. The ones at the top are all projections to LT. I dont like that. The BYU kid and the Arizona kid make sense at 24. That all being said, Im willing to say we are all overthinking things. I dont think its a slam dunk by any means,that we take a Olineman at 24. You summed it up on Thomas. If hes there, Jerry himself will grab the phone and make that pick. I would agree. Im higher on Estime than many. To me he runs like Otis Anderson back in the day. Big Fast enough, and runs with amazing power north and south. Big nasty running back and td machine. I could care less how slow people think he is, dude plays just fine on game day.Durability with this kid might be his best trait. Late in the year, backs like him are essential. Brooks isnt that. He scares me. Seems like Brooks is being over-projected. Im not convinced. Voch did a vid on Manu, and frankly, he is wrong on him. I see huge upside and a guy that can develop and get reps, and Maul folks at tackle. It might take a year, but I luv the pick. Hes massive....and fleet of foot. His feet are elite for a LT. I agree, I think he can at least be a depth guy at RT, worst case.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We have 7 draft picks, so here are my 7 in order: 24- Darius Robinson DE/edge. Outside of a true LT here at 24, this is the guy that helps the defense day 1. Big, powerful DE guy with high football IQ and elite skills. Rd 2- Ricky Pearsall WR Florida. WR is a sneaky need considering Ceedee is the only real go to guy. Pearsall has amazing route running skills and elite hand eye coordination to catch anything. Gotta overdraft him here or risk losing him. Hes just too good. Gives us a guy that can play slot and threaten defenses. Rd 3- 87 DT Tvontre Sweat DT Texas. Hes simply far too good to pass up,even with his DWI case.Then my last 4 are: Pick 174- RB Ray Davis . Pick 216- LB Nathaniel Watson. Pick 233 Center Charles Turner. Pick 244- Evan Anderson DT from FAU.

sbark

Reaction score
I guess most experts and scouts are drinking what I’m drinking because he’s viewed as a second round prospect.
Yup, he needed to insert a trade down for the BYU T, then can get his 4th round pick back as he projects...

No on The DL in 2nd, to many red flags....rather take a risk on LB Peyton, at least his heart in the game, let alone his head.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
We have 7 draft picks, so here are my 7 in order: 24- Darius Robinson DE/edge. Outside of a true LT here at 24, this is the guy that helps the defense day 1. Big, powerful DE guy with high football IQ and elite skills. Rd 2- Ricky Pearsall WR Florida. WR is a sneaky need considering Ceedee is the only real go to guy. Pearsall has amazing route running skills and elite hand eye coordination to catch anything. Gotta overdraft him here or risk losing him. Hes just too good. Gives us a guy that can play slot and threaten defenses. Rd 3- 87 DT Tvontre Sweat DT Texas. Hes simply far too good to pass up,even with his DWI case.Then my last 4 are: Pick 174- RB Ray Davis . Pick 216- LB Nathaniel Watson. Pick 233 Center Charles Turner. Pick 244- Evan Anderson DT from FAU.
Appreciate your thoughtful post. Morgan would be a nice pick also though likely limited to guard with his arm size.

The Cowboys likely feel that they can coach up a player that has all the tools and power like they did with Tyler Smith. That’s why I would lean Kingsley in that scenario. Kingsley has hand placement/punching and technique technique problems. A week of leg to midline stab practice and that polish might shine by summer camp.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
If the O lineman are gone and a top 20 WR like BTJ is not there, DL might fall and that would be Murphy, Newton or Darius Robinson. I think Robinson is a better fit.