Image: Final Johnson catch might have been incomplete

hairic

Reaction score
The ball isn't controlled long enough on the initial catch/hit, and when he goes to the ground the ball moves and is trapped by the ground. It looks like one of those "in the process" calls, he doesn't complete the process. Only chance to even get a review is to call a timeout, though. Oh well, too late.

TTexasTT

Reaction score
Not enough to change the call. It was close but it was a catch.

lol Think its too late to throw out a challenge?

Frozen700

Reaction score
Oh well, we deserved to lose after that Durham catch, so it's whatever.

If Dez's rant, and fire, makes us a better team...and we start moving like we are high on adrenaline shots, then I will take this loss, and love it.

Rather then win, next week lose...and we all look nonchalant, with a "oh ok, i have seen this movie before" attitude.

chuffly

Reaction score
It looked like he may have bobbled it a little bit at the end, but I'm not sure I see any indisputable visual evidence showing the ball touching the ground in the frames you had posted.

Those frames are pretty sweet, btw.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Not sure there's anything to be seen. Cuts off right at the end for me.

If he doesn't have the ball long enough to establish himself as a running back and prevent the "in process" aspect from negating the catch, there'd be a case to be made he's defenseless and took a to the chin with the crown of the defenders helmet.

Ultimately that play shouldn't have even happened.

rags747

Reaction score
Yeah sweet frame action there, was not even aware that catch was disputable. Thx...feel much better now lol

jimmy40

Reaction score
He should have been marked down at the 1 1/2 - 2 yard line, but it was also crown of helmet to chin.

hairic

Reaction score
Here's the moment the ball moves and might have hit the ground, full size (notice how much the ball moves in 1 frame/0.03 seconds and its got motion blur, it's at least definitely loose):

jzOifVQ.png

bwuVPdi.png

Dodz0ot.png

85Cowboy85

Reaction score
That could have been reviewed at the least. Meaning that Stafford does not get the chance to stick the ball in while nobody is looking.

We've had bad luck with the refs lately. It is what it is.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The thing is the CJ rule applies when catching the ball and immediately going down he caught the ball and took at least 1 step, he is a runner then.

Ender

Reaction score
This is off the subject, but I think Dez has better hands than Calvin ...

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
I wish he would have just scored, it would have given the boys an extra 15-20 seconds to try and get in FG range.

I wish we'd have actually played some defense. But in lieu of that, yeah it might have worked out better if he had just scored.

Spectre

Reaction score
Maybe he bobbled this one. Maybe he didn't...
He had 329 yards in one game.

329 yards.